a queen + AL chat thread in fried chicken?

Welcome to Queenonline. This is the place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

a queen + AL chat thread in fried chicken?

Postby action » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:29 pm

a queen + AL chat thread. any chat thread. in fried chicken. it's unheard of. it's offensive. a thorn in the eye.

since when are chat threads allowed in FC? let me refresh your worn memory about QOL's past once more. there were originally two dedicated chat forums: good company and lazing on a sunny afternoon. the former was for general chat 'n games, the latter for Queen related chat.

now, with THIS thread, two rules are broken. first its a chat thread so it should have been in good company. second, its queen related so it should really have been put in LOASA, or a new chat forum in the ongoing projects forum, whatever floats your boat.

BUT NOT IN FRIED CHICKEN. FFS. :roll: :evil:

have the mods collectively turned into the biggest trolls we've ever seen by allowing such a thread in our general small talk forum? it's bloody offensive :roll:
everyone rejoice; QOL is saved
 
action
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

don't you fucking pity me

      
 
Posts: 2196
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 188 times

Re: a queen + AL chat thread in fried chicken?

Postby JLP » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:28 pm

action wrote:a queen + AL chat thread. any chat thread. in fried chicken. it's unheard of. it's offensive. a thorn in the eye.

since when are chat threads allowed in FC? let me refresh your worn memory about QOL's past once more. there were originally two dedicated chat forums: good company and lazing on a sunny afternoon. the former was for general chat 'n games, the latter for Queen related chat.

now, with THIS thread, two rules are broken. first its a chat thread so it should have been in good company. second, its queen related so it should really have been put in LOASA, or a new chat forum in the ongoing projects forum, whatever floats your boat.

BUT NOT IN FRIED CHICKEN. FFS. :roll: :evil:

have the mods collectively turned into the biggest trolls we've ever seen by allowing such a thread in our general small talk forum? it's bloody offensive :roll:


we always had chat threads in FC.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 10147
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: a queen + AL chat thread in fried chicken?

Postby action » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:31 pm

JLP wrote:
action wrote:a queen + AL chat thread. any chat thread. in fried chicken. it's unheard of. it's offensive. a thorn in the eye.

since when are chat threads allowed in FC? let me refresh your worn memory about QOL's past once more. there were originally two dedicated chat forums: good company and lazing on a sunny afternoon. the former was for general chat 'n games, the latter for Queen related chat.

now, with THIS thread, two rules are broken. first its a chat thread so it should have been in good company. second, its queen related so it should really have been put in LOASA, or a new chat forum in the ongoing projects forum, whatever floats your boat.

BUT NOT IN FRIED CHICKEN. FFS. :roll: :evil:

have the mods collectively turned into the biggest trolls we've ever seen by allowing such a thread in our general small talk forum? it's bloody offensive :roll:


we always had chat threads in FC.


show me one Queen related chat thread in FC, from like ever.

I'm a member of this board since 2005, FC being my main forum and i never, ever, have seen chat threads about Queen, Queen + Paul rodgers or any other Queen project in FC.
everyone rejoice; QOL is saved
 
action
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

don't you fucking pity me

      
 
Posts: 2196
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 188 times

Re: a queen + AL chat thread in fried chicken?

Postby JLP » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:35 pm

Chat threads went into LOASA about Queen. But other chat threads went into FC. As the one you refer to is primarily about AL, it can fit into FC. At least post counts do not count in there otherwise all the top posters on here would be Glamberts.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 10147
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: a queen + AL chat thread in fried chicken?

Postby JLP » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:38 pm

Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 10147
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: a queen + AL chat thread in fried chicken?

Postby action » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:47 pm

JLP wrote:Chat threads went into LOASA about Queen. But other chat threads went into FC. As the one you refer to is primarily about AL, it can fit into FC. At least post counts do not count in there otherwise all the top posters on here would be Glamberts.


nope, they went in to good company. i vividly recall the endless discussions whenever a thread was moved to good company when it became too "chatty".
everyone rejoice; QOL is saved
 
action
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

don't you fucking pity me

      
 
Posts: 2196
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 188 times

Re: a queen + AL chat thread in fried chicken?

Postby action » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:06 pm

quote from somewhere on the old board which sums things up quite accurate

The name Fried Chicken was always perfect for the forum. It is Queen related of course and it clearly gives the impression that it is not to be overly serious in content. It was once changed to Khashoggi's Ship for some inexplicable reason, a ridiculous name if ever there was one. Please leave the name alone, you won't find better and it serves no purpose to change it I don't think.

Good Company has had a chequered history, it was initially created as the forum for the newbies to introduce themselves. Later it was used as the 'chat' forum (after all out war raged in Fried Chicken because Tero and his harem were making millions of posts a day in 'chat' mode) and were eventually re-housed there and the forum re-labelled. Incidentally, the Foreign Sand forum was also born out of the 'harem wars'..as not only were the chat posts mind-blowingly huge in number, but they were also in Finnish! I think the Foreign Sand forum is one of the success stories of the entire site to be honest....we have a balance between all being able to speak together with a common denominator and individual languages all being separated for ease of use (I'm sure it must be difficult to type in another language all the time) when required.

Of course, we will now see the need for a new forum to evolve yet again ..I'm sorry, but 'name the kitten with the last letter of the last kitten' has no real place on any forum, anywhere in the world, it's rubbish, it adds nothing, it's pointless dross. Fried Chicken will now just become Good Company II..the forum will just get more and more chat and less and less substance..and so the arguments will start again. What goes around, comes around as they say.

That said, the board is in need of major changes, it's dead in the water
everyone rejoice; QOL is saved
 
action
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

don't you fucking pity me

      
 
Posts: 2196
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 188 times

Re: a queen + AL chat thread in fried chicken?

Postby fairydandy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:22 pm

I agree. The auto-prune function should be set to 10 seconds too!
 
fairydandy
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 7898
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 398 times

Re: a queen + AL chat thread in fried chicken?

Postby action » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:00 am

it's offensive that OUR posts have been constantly binned to good company for being too chatty, yet here we are in 2015 where the mods ENDORSE such behaviour, and about a subject that obviously causes a lot of hoo-haa to the board.

i mean, what einstein thought of that measure? that's something a troll would do to stir shit on the board. someone like me actually :P
everyone rejoice; QOL is saved
 
action
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

don't you fucking pity me

      
 
Posts: 2196
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 188 times

Re: a queen + AL chat thread in fried chicken?

Postby action » Wed May 06, 2015 12:47 pm

the collaboration (gee, that sounds like a term from during WWII) is over.

when are the mods going to stop endorse this priviliged situation?

the end of QOL is nigh...
everyone rejoice; QOL is saved
 
action
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

don't you fucking pity me

      
 
Posts: 2196
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 188 times

Re: a queen + AL chat thread in fried chicken?

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Wed May 06, 2015 12:51 pm

action wrote:the collaboration (gee, that sounds like a term from during WWII) is over.


Someone better go tell Brian, Roger, and Adam that, so they can cancel all those S. American concerts later this year.....
 
The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

      
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: a queen + AL chat thread in fried chicken?

Postby action » Wed May 06, 2015 1:16 pm

The__KingOfRhye wrote:
action wrote:the collaboration (gee, that sounds like a term from during WWII) is over.


Someone better go tell Brian, Roger, and Adam that, so they can cancel all those S. American concerts later this year.....


not to make fun of the south americans (they make bloody delicious chili con carne), but how many of them post in the Q+AL thread?
everyone rejoice; QOL is saved
 
action
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

don't you fucking pity me

      
 
Posts: 2196
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 188 times

Re: a queen + AL chat thread in fried chicken?

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Wed May 06, 2015 4:35 pm

action wrote:not to make fun of the south americans (they make bloody delicious chili con carne), but how many of them post in the Q+AL thread?


I really don't know, but that's not the point. The point is, the collaboration is not over. We don't even know if it will be over after the South American shows are done with, do we? Sure, by that time, Adam might be getting ready for a solo tour, but until they definitively say, this is it, (like with Q+PR!) it's not over....maybe there will be more concerts, some sort of studio collaboration, whatever.....
 
The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

      
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: a queen + AL chat thread in fried chicken?

Postby action » Sat May 16, 2015 5:57 pm

thanks for locking that miserable thread 8-)
everyone rejoice; QOL is saved
 
action
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

don't you fucking pity me

      
 
Posts: 2196
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 188 times


Return to Queenonline

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests