Why were the threads/posts in the 46664 forum deleted?

Welcome to Queenonline. This is the place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

Why were the threads/posts in the 46664 forum deleted?

Postby icy » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:27 am

I noticed that the posts/threads are no longer there, except for just one. Why were the posts/threads deleted? I know that auto prune is no longer in use here.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 14546
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: Persona non grata
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 497 times

Re: Why were the threads/posts in the 46664 forum deleted?

Postby JLP » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:58 pm

No idea. They might have been merged into the Killer Queen forum.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1705&p=118086&hilit=46664#p118086
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 10147
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: Why were the threads/posts in the 46664 forum deleted?

Postby fairydandy » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:06 pm

icy wrote:I noticed that the posts/threads are no longer there, except for just one. Why were the posts/threads deleted? I know that auto prune is no longer in use here.


I know! It's because no one gives a fuck, Ice!
 
fairydandy
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 7898
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 398 times

Re: Why were the threads/posts in the 46664 forum deleted?

Postby icy » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:32 pm

JLP wrote:No idea. They might have been merged into the Killer Queen forum.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1705&p=118086&hilit=46664#p118086

I don't think so. I searched before starting this thread, it seems to be gone, not moved.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 14546
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: Persona non grata
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 497 times

Re: Why were the threads/posts in the 46664 forum deleted?

Postby JLP » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:20 am

Cannot find any record of it being deleted. If you search 46664 there are quite a few hits. Have a look through them, you might find the threads.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 10147
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: Why were the threads/posts in the 46664 forum deleted?

Postby Ian-Highlander » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:15 pm

No idea where or when they went, but I can tell you that unless they were moved to a different forum, it looks like they've gone for good. I've just been through the database directly and there is only one post in the database for that forum id, which is the one that's showing up in it so it's not a database issue.

So either they were deleted (and as Rob says they don't appear to have been according to the logs) or they were moved by someone to another forum (I know I didn't do it as I do almost nothing on here these days and Rob didn't so that only leaves three other people with the rights to do so through the forum interface).

If anyone can be extremely precise about the title of one of the threads, I can search the database for it, but beyond that there's not much I can do.

I do know that the server QOL is hosted on was running low on disk space some time ago, so it's possible that the "powers that be" decided to remove older threads to try and clear some space up but that's "above my pay grade" so I can't say if that's what's happened or not.
 
Ian-Highlander
There Can Be Only One

There Can Be Only One
 
User avatar

 

I was born with nothing and I've got most of it left...

      
 
Posts: 722
Images: 0
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:28 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Why were the threads/posts in the 46664 forum deleted?

Postby icy » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:31 pm

Ian-Highlander wrote:No idea where or when they went, but I can tell you that unless they were moved to a different forum, it looks like they've gone for good. I've just been through the database directly and there is only one post in the database for that forum id, which is the one that's showing up in it so it's not a database issue.

So either they were deleted (and as Rob says they don't appear to have been according to the logs) or they were moved by someone to another forum (I know I didn't do it as I do almost nothing on here these days and Rob didn't so that only leaves three other people with the rights to do so through the forum interface).

If anyone can be extremely precise about the title of one of the threads, I can search the database for it, but beyond that there's not much I can do.

I do know that the server QOL is hosted on was running low on disk space some time ago, so it's possible that the "powers that be" decided to remove older threads to try and clear some space up but that's "above my pay grade" so I can't say if that's what's happened or not.

Aww. If they are gone for good, it would be a shame because I felt it was a worthy cause. I kept on hoping for Brian and Roger doing something more one day for it.
I don't recall any thread title to be honest. Maybe someone else can?
Thanks for your help though. And JLP too.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 14546
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: Persona non grata
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 497 times

Re: Why were the threads/posts in the 46664 forum deleted?

Postby Ian-Highlander » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:38 pm

There are still 201 topics in the 46664 forum on the archive site if you just wanted to read the historical threads.

archive/viewforum.php?f=29
 
Ian-Highlander
There Can Be Only One

There Can Be Only One
 
User avatar

 

I was born with nothing and I've got most of it left...

      
 
Posts: 722
Images: 0
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:28 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 16 times


Return to Queenonline

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests