Discssion About Offensiveness on The Board.

Welcome to Queenonline. This is the place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

Discssion About Offensiveness on The Board.

Postby WeeMann » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:47 am

mab wrote:I agree to some extent with Tero's remarks on this.

DO NOT COME ON THIS FORUM AND DANGLE CARROTS THAT WE'RE NEVER GOING TO BE TASTING!!!!!!

IF there REALLY IS something to be looking forward to next year for us long-suffering (yes, I do mean suffering) fans then that is one thing, but if there ISN'T, then.................................................................. :angry:

What's really bewildering is that a newbie should come on here and start dictating to others what they should and shouldn't post.

The rules of the site, however, can and do dictate what is and isn't acceptable and harassment is one of the things that isn't.

Loretta had you pegged weeks ago.
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Re: The Singles Collection Vol. 4

Postby bigV » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:53 am

mab wrote:I'd imagine a lot of things are.

Wow! Are you trying to get yourself evicted?

V.

bigV
Don't Stop Me Now

Is this the life we really want?

Postby WeeMann » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:05 am

bigV wrote:

V.

I'm beginning to think he lacks basic social skills and should be pitied rather than vilified.
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Postby fairydandy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:56 am

WeeMann wrote:
What's really bewildering is that a newbie should come on here and start dictating to others what they should and shouldn't post.

Mab was never a newbie...it's just trying to find out what 'oldie' he is, that's the hard bit!

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby mab » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:14 am

Ha! Whatever you all reckon...................................................................

mab
Don't Stop Me Now

Was it all worth it?

Postby mab » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:19 am

WeeMann wrote:
mab wrote:I agree to some extent with Tero's remarks on this.

DO NOT COME ON THIS FORUM AND DANGLE CARROTS THAT WE'RE NEVER GOING TO BE TASTING!!!!!!

IF there REALLY IS something to be looking forward to next year for us long-suffering (yes, I do mean suffering) fans then that is one thing, but if there ISN'T, then.................................................................. :angry:

The rules of the site, however, can and do dictate what is and isn't acceptable and harassment is one of the things that isn't.

Loretta had you pegged weeks ago.

Oh! I see! You're doing the whole ''troll'' thing again?! How ingenious, clever and original of you!

You do know that when someone on a forum calls another a troll it says more of them than it does about the supposed ''troll''?

Trolls don't possess detailed knowledge of the subject matter. Trolls talk shit - which I most certainly do not.

I know more about Queen/music than a lot of people here put together. Which leads me onto the other bandwagon some of you are now jumping on.

Why shouldn't I be a ''newbie''? Why must I be a reincarnation of another poster? Kes has already done that one with me and, I'm afraid to tell you, I have never been anything other than Mab.

However, I'd love to know who the characters are that you are assuming I am/was/whatever. Now, that WOULD be interesting.............................................................

mab
Don't Stop Me Now

Was it all worth it?

Postby mab » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:28 am

Incidentally, I was only having a joke with JLP. Is that not allowed??

mab
Don't Stop Me Now

Was it all worth it?

Postby mab » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:32 am

WeeMann wrote:

Errr????!! :? :?

I, like Tero, was simply stating that it would not be fair to imply on a forum like this that there are exciting products/events on the horizon if they are not really on the horizon.

I was making a perfectly reasonable point. Nothing to do with ''dictating'''.

mab
Don't Stop Me Now

Was it all worth it?

Postby WeeMann » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:34 am

mab wrote:Oh! I see! You're doing the whole ''troll'' thing again?! How ingenious, clever and original of you!

You do know that when someone on a forum calls another a troll it says more of them than it does about the supposed ''troll''?

Trolls don't possess detailed knowledge of the subject matter. Trolls talk shit - which I most certainly do not.

I'm not trying to be ingenious, clever or original, merely commenting that Loretta was correct in his call.

From Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response

Who says trolls don't posses detailed knowledge of the subject matter? You're acting like a troll in many respects and offending people with the way you talk to others. Is it so hard to be polite?

BTW, how very clever, ingenious and original of you to try to turn it back on me with that second sentence!

mab wrote:I know more about Queen/music than a lot of people here put together.

So that gives you the right to be rude to people?

mab wrote:Which leads me onto the other bandwagon some of you are now jumping on.

Why shouldn't I be a ''newbie''? Why must I be a reincarnation of another poster? Kes has already done that one with me and, I'm afraid to tell you, I have never been anything other than Mab.

However, I'd love to know who the characters are that you are assuming I am/was/whatever. Now, that WOULD be interesting.............................................................

I'm not aware of, nor jumping on, any perceived bandwagon. My comment is simple - what gives you the right to come on here and try to start calling the shots over what people can and cannot post? If GTay wants to post something, he can post it. The only time he'll be called on it is if it contravenes the rules of the board.

I'm politely asking you to back off and treat GTay with the respect you'd expect to receive yourself.

WeeMann

Postby WeeMann » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:35 am

mab wrote:
WeeMann wrote:

Errr????!! :? :?

I, like Tero, was simply stating that it would not be fair to imply on a forum like this that there are exciting products/events on the horizon if they are not really on the horizon.

I was making a perfectly reasonable point. Nothing to do with ''dictating'''.

He was only having a joke with you. Is that not allowed?

WeeMann

Postby mab » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:42 am

WeeMann wrote:
bigV wrote:

V.

I'm beginning to think he lacks basic social skills and should be pitied rather than vilified.

So if I'M a bit rude it's outrageously offensive but if you do it it's okay?! Is that the deal, eh? :roll:

mab
Don't Stop Me Now

Was it all worth it?

Postby WeeMann » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:44 am

mab wrote:So if I'M a bit rude it's outrageously offensive but if you do it it's okay?! Is that the deal, eh? :roll:

If you're offended, pm JLP and he'll deal with the situation. :)

WeeMann

Postby mab » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:03 am

WeeMann wrote:
mab wrote:So if I'M a bit rude it's outrageously offensive but if you do it it's okay?! Is that the deal, eh? :roll:

Very funny.

As long as you're aware that you've now made way more personal remarks about me than I ever have about anyone.

And if you want to get your jollies from believing I am a former member by all means carry on being wrong. I know that people say that kind of thing in an effort to inflame and provoke (a sort of trolling, wouldn't you say?) but I am not going to fall for that trick.

:) :)

mab
Don't Stop Me Now

Was it all worth it?

Postby WeeMann » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:17 am

mab wrote:
WeeMann wrote:

Very funny.

As long as you're aware that you've now made way more personal remarks about me than I ever have about anyone.

And if you want to get your jollies from believing I am a former member by all means carry on being wrong. I know that people say that kind of thing in an effort to inflame and provoke (a sort of trolling, wouldn't you say?) but I am not going to fall for that trick.

:) :)

Not trying to be funny - making a point. You've been constantly rude to people since you arrived here, yet you don't like it when the tables are turned. In point of fact I wasn't trying to be offensive with that post, merely give you a "Get out" clause - that you're not being intentionally rude, just that it's something you have no control over. You may stop short of personal remarks, but you're offensive in the way you post nonetheless and people don't like it.

And please read my posts again - nowhere have I insinuated that you're a former member. No tricks.

WeeMann

Re: Discssion About Offensiveness on The Board.

Postby WeeMann » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:19 am

Split from original thread.

WeeMann

Next

Return to Queenonline