Discssion About Offensiveness on The Board.

Welcome to Queenonline. This is the place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

Re: The Singles Collection Vol. 4

Postby mab » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:22 am

My apologies. I incorrectly attributed the dialogue in question to you. My mistake.
 
mab
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Was it all worth it?

      
 
Posts: 2562
Images: 2
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:24 am
Location: Fool's Paradise
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Discssion About Offensiveness on The Board.

Postby WeeMann » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:47 am

Accepted.
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.
 
WeeMann
Moderator
 
User avatar

 

Not even on the B list...

      
 
Posts: 6393
Images: 102
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: Shropshire
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 76 times
Been thanked: 159 times

Re: Discssion About Offensiveness on The Board.

Postby fairydandy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:40 am

Mab is a bit of a cunt really...but quite likeable. I still think he's a former member, but if he says he isn't, well that's fine too.
 
fairydandy
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8608
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 429 times

Re: Discssion About Offensiveness on The Board.

Postby Princess of Taylor » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:58 am

mab has a lot of interesting opinions and he starts a lot of great topics. I wish he didn't get caught up in the personal insults and name calling because I think sometimes his original point ends up getting lost, which is unfortunate.

Sometimes he also seems to take things very literally and I'm never sure if he's serious or just being a contrarian. It can get frustrating trying to explain a point over and over again because each time he's taking issue with one word that you've used. That said, I probably do my fair share of provoking him because personally I enjoy a good argument! :lol:

I don't think we all need to agree on everything here, and we certainly don't, but I think respect and common courtesy are a must (and this goes for everyone, not just mab).
 
Princess of Taylor
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 749
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:06 pm
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Discssion About Offensiveness on The Board.

Postby mab » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:55 pm

Fairydandy wrote:

''Mab is a bit of a cunt really...but quite likeable. I still think he's a former member, but if he says he isn't, well that's fine too.''


Charming turn of phrase! Interesting that I'm being called a ''cunt'' - a term of endearment that I've not come close to using myself, though ironically I am being called a ''cunt'' supposedly because I'm so rude. Isn't life fascinating!

I actually am starting to wish I was a former member.

Princess of Taylor wrote:

''mab has a lot of interesting opinions and he starts a lot of great topics. I wish he didn't get caught up in the personal insults and name calling because I think sometimes his original point ends up getting lost, which is unfortunate.

Sometimes he also seems to take things very literally and I'm never sure if he's serious or just being a contrarian. It can get frustrating trying to explain a point over and over again because each time he's taking issue with one word that you've used. That said, I probably do my fair share of provoking him because personally I enjoy a good argument!''


Thank you, lovely Kathleen. I do try to start interesting topics and avoid saying the kind of bland, giggly-fan type remarks that some people seem to limit themselves to.

I do tend to take things literally at times and obsess over the choice of words used as I get told I do that in the real-world too. I have a degree in English and have worked as a teacher so perhaps that's where I get that from.
 
mab
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Was it all worth it?

      
 
Posts: 2562
Images: 2
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:24 am
Location: Fool's Paradise
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Discssion About Offensiveness on The Board.

Postby fairydandy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:39 pm

Princess of Taylor wrote:I'm never sure if he's serious or just being a contrarian.


I used the shortened version of contrarian. :P
 
fairydandy
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8608
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 429 times

Re: Discssion About Offensiveness on The Board.

Postby ice on fire » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:39 pm

It takes all sorts of people to have a community. If you are referring to the LOASA crew with your sweeping statement about " bland and giggly" there is more to that section of the board than that. The way you judge the fellow Queen fans here is bland, just saying.
Fd you are pretty good at spotting people, I do hope mab is a newbie.
 
ice on fire
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: Discssion About Offensiveness on The Board.

Postby Princess of Taylor » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:32 pm

fairydandy wrote:
Princess of Taylor wrote:I'm never sure if he's serious or just being a contrarian.


I used the shortened version of contrarian. :P


Cute :P

ice on fire wrote:If you are referring to the LOASA crew with your sweeping statement about " bland and giggly" there is more to that section of the board than that. The way you judge the fellow Queen fans here is bland, just saying.
Fd you are pretty good at spotting people, I do hope mab is a newbie.


I don't think that was aimed specifically at LOASA. For the record, on one occasion mab made a remark to me that could have been taken negatively because I do occasionally visit LOASA. I called him on it and he apologized right away. That part of the forum hasn't been the focus of most of his frustration so I don't think you or any of the other LOASA visitors need to get defensive.

And for the life of me I can't figure out why it matters if mab is a "true newbie" or just a prior forum member who has reinvented himself. Can someone enlighten me?
 
Princess of Taylor
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 749
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:06 pm
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Discssion About Offensiveness on The Board.

Postby ice on fire » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:44 pm

Fair enough LOASA can get a raw deal here sometimes, so I will defend it. I really don't understand his anger, esp when it comes to other posters. That to me raises red flags. Does it matter if he is a newbie or not? Depends who you ask really. Truth be told I am not a good one to ask.
 
ice on fire
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: The Singles Collection Vol. 4

Postby Kes » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:56 am

mab wrote:Why shouldn't I be a ''newbie''? Why must I be a reincarnation of another poster? Kes has already done that one with me


Not on the board. And if it's not on the board, how is anyone else meant to know it ever happened?
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.
 
Kes
Moderator
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 14909
Images: 747
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:41 am
Location: London, England
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 370 times

Previous

Return to Queenonline

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests