Is there any way to

Want to moan about the forums, here's where to do it
User avatar
Black Wings
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:16 pm
Location: ♡ It's getting dark in here ♡

Is there any way to

Post by Black Wings »

Make it harder for spammers to join and post? Seems like there is a few are slipping through. I do my part of reporting the posts, but by then the posts are already posted here.

User avatar
WeeMann
Moderator
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:40 am

Re: Is there any way to

Post by WeeMann »

Don't worry, we always keep our eye on it. Sometimes it's impossible to spot the spammers when authorising new accounts, so they do slip through, but as soon as we spot them, they're gone.

User avatar
Black Wings
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:16 pm
Location: ♡ It's getting dark in here ♡

Re: Is there any way to

Post by Black Wings »

WeeMann wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:29 am
Don't worry, we always keep our eye on it. Sometimes it's impossible to spot the spammers when authorising new accounts, so they do slip through, but as soon as we spot them, they're gone.
I know you all keep an eye on it, and that KS for doing it. I guess I'm shocked at many recently slip through and how many "posts" is posted.

User avatar
JLP
Site Admin
Posts: 694
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:21 pm
Location: Here

Re: Is there any way to

Post by JLP »

Icy wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:26 am
WeeMann wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:29 am
Don't worry, we always keep our eye on it. Sometimes it's impossible to spot the spammers when authorising new accounts, so they do slip through, but as soon as we spot them, they're gone.
I know you all keep an eye on it, and that KS for doing it. I guess I'm shocked at many recently slip through and how many "posts" is posted.
No posts are allowed though. Bear in mind we are not here all the time so in that time some might get posted. Once we either see them or are alerted to the we remove them. The other thing is we are better loads of new registrar so sadly the odd one slips through the net.

Keep reporting them though as it does help us.

User avatar
Black Wings
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:16 pm
Location: ♡ It's getting dark in here ♡

Re: Is there any way to

Post by Black Wings »

Picard wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:09 am
Icy wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:26 am
WeeMann wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:29 am
Don't worry, we always keep our eye on it. Sometimes it's impossible to spot the spammers when authorising new accounts, so they do slip through, but as soon as we spot them, they're gone.
I know you all keep an eye on it, and that KS for doing it. I guess I'm shocked at many recently slip through and how many "posts" is posted.
No posts are allowed though. Bear in mind we are not here all the time so in that time some might get posted. Once we either see them or are alerted to the we remove them. The other thing is we are better loads of new registrar so sadly the odd one slips through the net.

Keep reporting them though as it does help us.
I understand, of course no one is here all the the time, not even me :lol:
I'm annoyed by them, I guess in some, if not most cases they are spam bots, considering the amount of posts is made...what was it, 16 or 17 by the same one. If more than one post is posted, would it better to report just one post or all of them?

User avatar
Ian-Highlander
Technical Admin
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:37 am

Re: Is there any way to

Post by Ian-Highlander »

Icy wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:08 pm
Picard wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:09 am
Icy wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:26 am


I know you all keep an eye on it, and that KS for doing it. I guess I'm shocked at many recently slip through and how many "posts" is posted.
No posts are allowed though. Bear in mind we are not here all the time so in that time some might get posted. Once we either see them or are alerted to the we remove them. The other thing is we are better loads of new registrar so sadly the odd one slips through the net.

Keep reporting them though as it does help us.
I understand, of course no one is here all the the time, not even me :lol:
I'm annoyed by them, I guess in some, if not most cases they are spam bots, considering the amount of posts is made...what was it, 16 or 17 by the same one. If more than one post is posted, would it better to report just one post or all of them?
Just reporting one post is enough Icy, the team always look at any other posts by people when reports happen especially with spammers. As soon as any of us spot them or the reports, they and their posts are removed.

User avatar
Black Wings
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:16 pm
Location: ♡ It's getting dark in here ♡

Re: Is there any way to

Post by Black Wings »

I feel this needs to be pointed out. This thread was started purely about spam bots, that's where my concern was. There was at least a couple of spam bots that posted quite a few posts.

User avatar
JLP
Site Admin
Posts: 694
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:21 pm
Location: Here

Re: Is there any way to

Post by JLP »

Icy wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:23 am
I feel this needs to be pointed out. This thread was started purely about spam bots, that's where my concern was. There was at least a couple of spam bots that posted quite a few posts.

We know and we delete them as soon as we see them.

User avatar
Young Music Fan
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:00 pm
Location: Herefordshire

Re: Is there any way to

Post by Young Music Fan »

I'm guessing because you're the only one to be reporting them, no one else is bothered by the posts. I know I'm not. You must be the most active member on here so it might trouble you more.

I thought for a moment you were talking about yourself because you've posted more than double the number of posts than the second user (Nicki at 64). You've also posted a hundred more than me! memberlist.php?mode=&sk=d&sd=d#memberlist

User avatar
Black Wings
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:16 pm
Location: ♡ It's getting dark in here ♡

Re: Is there any way to

Post by Black Wings »

Picard wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:08 am
Icy wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:23 am
I feel this needs to be pointed out. This thread was started purely about spam bots, that's where my concern was. There was at least a couple of spam bots that posted quite a few posts.

We know and we delete them as soon as we see them.
Oh good. It was said by someone that I was annoying the mods here :?

Post Reply