Adam Lambert

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Nicki

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by Nicki »

the milkman wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:37 pm
It’s number #507, right in front of Vanilla Ice’s 1989 hit Ice Ice Baby.

I didn’t see anything in the top 1300 on the Apple Music chart. Queen’s BR was after the 1100 mark.
Don’t get greedy. I’m happy with the fact that people do check him out.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Nicki wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:19 pm
the milkman wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:37 pm
It’s number #507, right in front of Vanilla Ice’s 1989 hit Ice Ice Baby.

I didn’t see anything in the top 1300 on the Apple Music chart. Queen’s BR was after the 1100 mark.
Don’t get greedy. I’m happy with the fact that people do check him out.
I know but only 6,000 people on Spotify isn’t all that much. Hopefully the numbers will go up instead of down over the next few weeks.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

the milkman wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:46 pm
When did the Netflix special start? He’s picked up about 6,000 new monthly listeners on Spotify since June 13th. Looks like a few of those people who are tweeting about him are checking out at least one song on Spotify.
It started on June 15th on Netflix.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Nicki wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:40 pm
Black Wings wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:52 pm
Believe me, I wish I could get my favorite artists autograph, 50 bucks is alot of money, even with the album.
Not really interested inwatching videos of him meeting his fans, but I hope he was nice when you met him.

It’s more like 30 bucks + postage to Europe. And I‘ve seen now that the vinyl is 27€ on Amazon Germany, so I think I‘m pretty well off with 40€ for a signed Vinyl. I will be happy with it, when I finally get my hands on it. :D

Oh, and Adam was really nice, when I met him. Even though it had been probably less than a minute and I had been really overwhelmed... :lol:
Our group with photo-options (40people) was let into the venue earlier than the rest and then we had to wait in a courtyard behind the big hall. There we had to stand and wait in a row for about an hour. That had been an exiting hour, which went by pretty fast, because I was able to talk to get to know the other fans. Then it started and one by one we were led into the building on the other side of the courtyard. There, directly behind the door Adam had been waiting.
Since we hadn’t been allowed to watch the person before us, Adam’s sudden appearance had been simply overwhelming for me. In a few seconds I had to take in that he was really there, what he looked like, that he smiled and talked to me. :shock:
That might sound completely normal, but I hadn’t been ready. I had never met him or seen that close in person before and I would have wished, that I had been able to at least get a look at him, when it had been the turn for the fan in front of me.

The way it happened, he welcomed me, smiled, asked how I was, we posed for the picture, I felt his hand on my shoulder, I gave my best to look happily into the camera and then he said thanks and wished me a good show. Or something like that. :lol: I couldn’t really say anything but „Hi“.

When I was back outside with the others I didn’t even know, what Adam had been wearing. But I still remember his beaming blue eyes and smile. And that he was really tall and wearing a lot of makeup. I think I didn’t have enough time to look down at the rest of him. :P But yes, he had been really nice. He also had been in a great mood, because it had been the very last concert of a really successful tour.
The concert afterwards was fantastic and we got the longest Encore ever with almost half an hour.
That's cool.
Thanks for not mentioning how he smells :lol:

Jake

Post by Jake »

carolb57 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:34 pm
Jake wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:12 am

He probably stood there a good 30 minutes waving his arms around pretending he was athletic on stage.
I guess you missed this now classic video of Dragon Attack at the Hammersmith:

Why does he move so slow? That’s something I never understood, and what’s classic?

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

He was moving to the beat of Dragon Attack!

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Some of his movements are just...cringe worthy. He isn't Elvis with his hip movements that's for sure.

Jake

Post by Jake »

carolb57 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:07 am
He was moving to the beat of Dragon Attack!
:roll: def not

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Adam isn’t Elvis or Freddie! Adam is Adam! An original!

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »