The Show Must Go On documentary on Netflix in the UK

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
Jake

Re: The Show Must Go On documentary on Netflix in the UK

Post by Jake »

All those retweets remind me of Donald Trump. He does the same thing constantly. You two are very similar.

Anyways, when is the new tour going to start?

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Jake wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:06 pm
All those retweets remind me of Donald Trump. He does the same thing constantly. You two are very similar.

Anyways, when is the new tour going to start?
Now that was funny. :lol:

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Jake, you are not very funny! It is truly amazing and a bit sad that so many people are just discovering Adam! I guess he needed to have a hit Taylor Swift type song in order to be known even thought he has been touring worldwide for 10 years!

Here is another new fan:

Thor Finnegan
“@adamlambert I have never in my life heard of you at all just watched your Netflix special the show must go on I'll be honest for a guy that dont like showing his emotions me and my wife sat on the couch and cried through most of it. Queen could not have picked anyone better man!”

By the way, I am not retweeting or tweeting about myself like the narcissist Trump does.
Last edited by carolb57 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

And another .....

brandi mcdonald
“@adamlambert I watched the @QueenWillRock docu last night and wow! You are incredibly talented! I must admit I wasnt really following your solo career except for a few songs, and I totally admit my mistake! You definitely have a new fan, I hope to see you in concert sometime! ❤”

More:

Joe Travers
“Lads... Queen Adam Lambert doc is brilliant. Holy christ on a bike does he have some voice. Freddie died, and I thought it's not the same, but it's not meant to be. Have to see them live.”

DJ Paul Gardiner
“The Queen and @adamlambert story on Netflix is amazing! Imagine being told “no one on the planet can out sing Adam Lambert” by Roger Taylor! No higher compliment and they aren’t wrong!”

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Enough of the tweets praising Lambert. They belong on his site not here.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

carolb57 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:44 am
Jake, you are not very funny! It is truly amazing and a bit sad that so many people are just discovering Adam! I guess he needed to have a hit Taylor Swift type song in order to be known even thought he has been touring worldwide for 10 years!

Here is another new fan:

Thor Finnegan
“@adamlambert I have never in my life heard of you at all just watched your Netflix special the show must go on I'll be honest for a guy that dont like showing his emotions me and my wife sat on the couch and cried through most of it. Queen could not have picked anyone better man!”

By the way, I am not retweeting or tweeting about myself like the narcissist Trump does.
Adam told you why a long time ago and I did too before he said it. He flat out told you that there is an Idol sigma. Music listeners and some of his peers brush him off automatically because of that. His own body of work is nothing special but a lot of it is decent. If singing Queen songs is getting him praise that’s good but he’s getting it by singing covers. Once again, a lot of people don’t care about that.

I watched the concert for a few minutes with the comments on and most of the comments I saw were about Adam’s eyes. I didn’t even finish one song.

I’m sure Adam would rather be getting tweets like the ones you post for his original material and not for his covers. Seeing these has to be a little depressing since his album just flopped.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

This thread and the posted comments are about the documentary, not just Adam. It is the story of the Queen/Adam collaboration and how it came about, including the wonderful footage of Freddie’s interviews and performances. The fact that new people are being exposed to and acknowledging Adam’s amazing talent by watching it is a long overdue blessing for him. Why is that a bad thing and not something to celebrate?

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

the milkman wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:37 pm

I watched the concert for a few minutes with the comments on and most of the comments I saw were about Adam’s eyes. I didn’t even finish one song.
What concert? The documentary is not about a concert!

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

carolb57 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:26 pm
the milkman wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:37 pm

What concert? The documentary is not about a concert!
I watched the concert that you could make comments on a few days ago. I don’t know what streaming service it was on.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

carolb57 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:10 pm
This thread and the posted comments are about the documentary, not just Adam. It is the story of the Queen/Adam collaboration and how it came about, including the wonderful footage of Freddie’s interviews and performances. The fact that new people are being exposed to and acknowledging Adam’s amazing talent by watching it is a long overdue blessing for him. Why is that a bad thing and not something to celebrate?
Like I said, that’s great but I’m sure he would rather be getting it for his solo career. It has to hurt a little. I’ve always said that and I still think that has something to do with his depression. You play stadiums with Brian and Roger but clubs as a solo artist. OUCH!

Oh well, he has 6,000 more monthly listeners on Spotify since the documentary was added to Netflix.