Is there any way to

Want to moan about the forums, here's where to do it
JLP
Site Admin

Re: Is there any way to

Post by JLP »

Young Music Fan wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:26 am
I'm guessing because you're the only one to be reporting them, no one else is bothered by the posts. I know I'm not. You must be the most active member on here so it might trouble you more.

I thought for a moment you were talking about yourself because you've posted more than double the number of posts than the second user (Nicki at 64). You've also posted a hundred more than me! memberlist.php?mode=&sk=d&sd=d#memberlist

We don't want links on here to the types of sites the spammers advertise so icy is fine reporting them. As for postings than anyone else, someone has to have the most posts.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Young Music Fan wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:26 am
I'm guessing because you're the only one to be reporting them, no one else is bothered by the posts. I know I'm not. You must be the most active member on here so it might trouble you more.

I thought for a moment you were talking about yourself because you've posted more than double the number of posts than the second user (Nicki at 64). You've also posted a hundred more than me! memberlist.php?mode=&sk=d&sd=d#memberlist
I think you are confused, please tell me how you come to those conclusions? I'm sure if I'm not the first to report spam bot messages, someone else could, if the team here don’t notice it beforehand. They usually end up deleting those type of posts as soon as they can, I'll vouch for that. Only thing is, the admin and mods are on different time zones than I am.
How would I be talking about myself when I don't spam here? Sure, I post alot, that's nothing new :lol: . But i don't spam, big difference. What does my amount of posts have to do with spam bot posts. I'm an insomniac, if I notice spam bot posts, I report them as the usually happen in the very early morning my time. Earlier this morning there was 17 posts likely by a spam bot about vaping just for your information. JLP can vouch for that he wants to for that, since he is the one that usually deletes those posts. I noticed them, and yes I reported it...just one I think, but thankfully all the posts are now gone, I think you missed noticing that.
I think you are getting confused, by things, this thread was about spammers, and not any regular member here, FYI.
Funny thing, the admin and mod here knew my intent with this thread, and understood my concerns, and you apparently don't, and someone else does not understand where I was coming from either. Hmm. This thread was started before what happened elsewhere. After reading that it was said was bugging and annoying the mods, and that I was shit stirring here, I decided to explain my intent here. It should not even have had to be pointed out. It did, and obviously it still does need to be pointed out. The answer is here now.
I don't want QOL reduced to a board of spam bot crap. I don't think anyone wants that here.

Sole Survivor

Post by Sole Survivor »

The Backchat forum has been heavily spammed by someone flogging lingerie....

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Sole Survivor wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:55 am
The Backchat forum has been heavily spammed by someone flogging lingerie....
Drat I should have clicked the link before deleting them. :mrgreen:

Ray

Post by Ray »

I'll ask here since it isn't worth making a new thread.

Does this new forum have an ignore function like the last one did? Can't find it so far...

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Go into your User Control Panel (click your name in the top right and you'll get a drop down menu).

The very right hand tab is Friends and Foes - add a foe and they will be ignored.

Ray

Post by Ray »

WeeMann wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:02 pm
Go into your User Control Panel (click your name in the top right and you'll get a drop down menu).

The very right hand tab is Friends and Foes - add a foe and they will be ignored.
Thanks!