Greatest Hits II - Blue Vinyl

The studio albums, live releases, compilations and box sets
Kes

Re: Greatest Hits II - Blue Vinyl

Post by Kes »

The history of Classic Queen was that Queen had recently signed to Hollywood Records. They didn't have a Greatest Hits collection available.

Queen had their first Greatest Hits on CD catalogue with EMI, from the mid eighties. So when it came to late 91, and EMI put out GHII, Hollywood got a kind of weird mix between GHI & GHII, and a few months later, cobbled together their own Greatest Hits, bearing in mind the older tracks they'd used on Classic Queen.

So as far as history is concerned, Classic Queen looks like GHII, not the other way around.

If I'm being honest, I actually prefer Classic Queen to GHII, as at least some imagination went into some of the mixes presented on the collection, ie The Miracle, Under Pressure, and the longer mix of One Vision.

Sir Didymus

Post by Sir Didymus »

Still not sold on that blue vinyl... something more akin to the blue used on the Top Gun exclusive would feel more appropriate.

TBH I'm more interested in snagging that Ella & Louis record if possible... and maybe the Absolute Beginners set for good measure. Whether I'll be able to now Greater Manchester is back under lockdown is anyone's guess... :roll:

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

4th in the queue, so hoping I should be lucky. My son's with me hoping to get the Miles Davies release.

*edit* Yep, they've got 8 copies.

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

Got mine. Was 25th in the queue but a guy came out with a sort of menu thing and took a note of what you wanted, gave a receipt and then put it behind the counter so you didn't have to stand in line for those who got there early (I only got there ten minutes before opening so perhaps they were anticipating more people than there actually ended up being)

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

I got there at 8:30, thinking they opened at 9:00, but it was actually 9:30.

They had 8 copies and the first 8 people in the queue wanted it...

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

The guy on the door told me it was a popular one when I was waiting to get in but I don't know what the supply vs demand was(ours opened at 11am, tbh had it opened at the normal non-Covid opening time, I think I'd have taken the lie in and pay the extra on eBay.)

Been an expensive month really, we've had the NotW picture disc, You Are The Champions and blue GHII in quick succession. And The Miracle boxset still (hopefully) to come.

Sir Didymus

Post by Sir Didymus »

I've seen the HMV exclusive blue Ella & Louie album is now listed on other websites for sale... so there's a chance some of the other titles will follow.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Sir Didymus wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:21 pm I've seen the HMV exclusive blue Ella & Louie album is now listed on other websites for sale... so there's a chance some of the other titles will follow.
That's still available on the HMV site if you get there quick.

Bruceymc

Post by Bruceymc »

I was 12th in the queue at Boro and got one

Kes

Post by Kes »

BitterTears wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:42 pm
Been an expensive month really, we've had the NotW picture disc, You Are The Champions and blue GHII in quick succession. And The Miracle boxset still (hopefully) to come.
Think you meant The Game picture disc. NotW was a couple of years ago.

Things being even, there's probably a silver (or white) GHIII stuck in a tunnel somewhere.