Queen Tattoos

Photos, posters, ticket stubs, scans, anything pictorial
Frank

Queen Tattoos

Post by Frank »

I'm going to go out on a limb and see if anyone else has some Queen ink they might like to share. Here's one of mine...

Generic username

Re: Queen Tattoos

Post by Generic username »

I used to toy with the idea of a Queen tattoo, but eventually decided that I didn't want someone else's design, so got a tattoo of my own design instead.

My favourite idea was the japanese script for Queen.

Yours looks good though

Frank

Post by Frank »

I used to not want a tattoo that screamed Queen. So I respect where you're coming from. But for me personally, it was because at the time (over a decade ago) I wasn't sure if I'd be as serious about Queen in the future. But my love and passion for the band has only grown stronger and so much of them reflects who I am as a person. Finding them in my youth pretty much solidified this. They were an immense presence for a teenager trying to find himself.

My first tattoo was this one...

It originally started out as just the phoenix about 12 years ago. Then about three months ago I got it refreshed and added the text underneath in classic Queen font. Thematically it works. The phoenix representing rebirth and the song about never giving up. It's probably my favorite piece.

This next one I got just before traveling to Montreux for Freddie's birthday last summer. I wanted something to commemorate the occasion. Thought long and hard about what lyrics I wanted, and went with what you see here in Freddie's handwriting.

The Frank tattoo was just because. Lol I love the NOTW album cover and think that it's a kicka** design. My only concern was with how it'd transfer to skin. It would never be an exact replica. But I think my artist transferred it pretty well. Very happy with the detail he put into it, especially with the green overtones and the expression in Frank's face.

Not sure if this will be it for me, or if I'll get more Queen done. It's an addiction at this point.

MyFaerieQueene

Post by MyFaerieQueene »

Those are great tattoos, Frank. Your artist is very talented. If I ever got a tattoo I'd get a Queen one. There's just something about Queen tattoos that's right somehow. I don't know if it's because Queen imagery is so strong or because the band inspires such devotion that a tattoo seems the perfect commemoration.

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

Is kickass being censored???

[edit...it appears not]

Young Music Fan

Post by Young Music Fan »

I thought people might be interested in reading this:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/24/jodie-ma ... -12292935/

It's about a Queen tattoo...

Frank

Post by Frank »

Generic username wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:21 pm Is kickass being censored???

[edit...it appears not]
I typed it that way instinctively because of another forum. Force of habit.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Young Music Fan wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:20 pm I thought people might be interested in reading this:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/24/jodie-ma ... -12292935/

It's about a Queen tattoo...
Yes, I remember hearing about her tattoo when people were so up in arms over it. Though to be honest, it was an awful tattoo. Good for her that she got it covered up, though I'm surprised she didn't just cover it with another Freddie tattoo. To each their own though.

Frank

Post by Frank »

MyFaerieQueene wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:20 pm Those are great tattoos, Frank. Your artist is very talented. If I ever got a tattoo I'd get a Queen one. There's just something about Queen tattoos that's right somehow. I don't know if it's because Queen imagery is so strong or because the band inspires such devotion that a tattoo seems the perfect commemoration.
Thanks! I have to agree with you. Tattoos are a perfect commemoration, though they're not for everyone. For me personally, I feel more at one with the band. They really are a part of me now! haha

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

I absolutely love it, Frank...thanks for showing us. , :D