Duets and collaborations

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Smiler

Duets and collaborations

Post by Smiler »

On youtube, there is a small snipped of the Queen -Rod Stewart duet of another piece of my heart.
I wonder why it was never issued? They used the song without RS' vocals which is a damn shame I think.
Wonder if there are some more of these collaborations with others we don't know of?

Generic username

Re: Duets and collaborations

Post by Generic username »

We don't know of any we don't know about.

There are a couple that are known though..but I don't know if you know about them.

This is getting quite complicated - I'm going to go and have a lie down.

Smiler

Post by Smiler »

:D
Hope you rested well?
The wich I know about are Michael Jackson, bowie, joan armatrading and sir stewart...

Young Music Fan

Post by Young Music Fan »

Andy Gibb apparently sang at least the first verse of Play The Game on a recording not long before he died.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Generic username wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:22 pmWe don't know of any we don't know about.

There are a couple that are known though..but I don't know if you know about them.
:lol:

Always quite wanted to hear the Stewart version of "Let Me Live". His voice is quite similar to Roger's so I imagine he would've gelled quite well with Freddie.

Wasn't a snippet of it supposed to be in the Great Pretender documentary? If so I don't really recall hearing it.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Leigh Burne wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:35 am
Generic username wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:22 pmWe don't know of any we don't know about.

Always quite wanted to hear the Stewart version of "Let Me Live". His voice is quite similar to Roger's so I imagine he would've gelled quite well with Freddie.

Wasn't a snippet of it supposed to be in the Great Pretender documentary? If so I don't really recall hearing it.
Yes, it was in the Great Pretender documentary. Andy Gibb was on Play The Game track. Sung start of song.

Smiler

Post by Smiler »

Also saw some pictures of Freddie Mercury and Cliff Richard, probably doing some time duet

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Smiler wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:26 pm Also saw some pictures of Freddie Mercury and Cliff Richard, probably doing some time duet
Freddie sang a couple of songs with Cliff for a charity performance. In the interval he grabbed an ice cream tray to sell ice creams to the audience, but gave up and just started throwing them around.

I met Dave Clark at the 40th anniversary exhibition and told him how much I'd enjoyed the musical. Like a fool I didn't think to ask him if he'd ever consider making the tracks commercially available.

Old Man

Post by Old Man »

Cmsdrums

Post by Cmsdrums »

TheMiracleMan wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:10 pm
Leigh Burne wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:35 am

Yes, it was in the Great Pretender documentary. Andy Gibb was on Play The Game track. Sung start of song.
Is it in The Great Pretender? The Days of Our Lives doc seems a more natural home but haven’t watched either in a while.