Attachment Parenting~Good or Bad?

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Attachment Parenting~Good or Bad?

Postby icy » Fri May 11, 2012 11:46 am

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-574 ... parenting/
Time magazine cover of breastfeeding mom sparks intense debate on "attachment parenting".

What are your thoughts on this? I think it's not a good thing, because I feel it could leave parent and child/ren (the ones who do this type of parenting) too co dependent.
And yes, the men here too can give their thoughts too, in fact I hope you do!
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 17058
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: . Don't forget to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 602 times

Re: Attachment Parenting~Good or Bad?

Postby Innuendoes » Fri May 11, 2012 12:05 pm

The article says the kid is 3 years old. No way. I've seen a much larger copy of the magazine. 4 or 5, yea, but no way 3 and the woman does not look like she's a mother who is breast feeding, either.

If you want my opinion on breastfeeding at that age, my answer is no. I've seen it done. It's annoying as hell to be sitting there talking to someone and their 3 or 4 year old runs up to them, grabs their shirt, throws it up in the air and dives in, grunting like a pig all the while. No way. The kids that age need to be drinking from cups and glasses.
 
Innuendoes
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: Attachment Parenting~Good or Bad?

Postby icy » Fri May 11, 2012 12:13 pm

Innuendoes wrote:The article says the kid is 3 years old. No way. I've seen a much larger copy of the magazine. 4 or 5, yea, but no way 3 and the woman does not look like she's a mother who is breast feeding, either.

If you want my opinion on breastfeeding at that age, my answer is no. I've seen it done. It's annoying as hell to be sitting there talking to someone and their 3 or 4 year old runs up to them, grabs their shirt, throws it up in the air and dives in, grunting like a pig all the while. No way. The kids that age need to be drinking from cups and glasses.

I don't like the idea/fact some mothers have to breast feed at that age ethier to be honest. Let alone the other things that are said be done via attachment parenting.
I noticed that about the lady's breast too, I dare say it's airbrushed.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 17058
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: . Don't forget to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 602 times

Re: Attachment Parenting~Good or Bad?

Postby Innuendoes » Fri May 11, 2012 12:15 pm

Here's a larger photo and the original is 3 times this size. :sleepy: This is not a 3 year old child!

Guess I will put it in a spoiler too. lol

Spoiler! :
Image
 
Innuendoes
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: Attachment Parenting~Good or Bad?

Postby icy » Fri May 11, 2012 12:20 pm

Thanks for that Inny, I wasn't sure if I could post it or not. Do you know what got my back up at first, the title of it! Mothers are mom enough if they breast feed or not!
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 17058
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: . Don't forget to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 602 times

Re: Attachment Parenting~Good or Bad?

Postby Innuendoes » Fri May 11, 2012 12:23 pm

icy wrote:Thanks for that Inny, I wasn't sure if I could post it or not. Do you know what got my back up at first, the title of it! Mothers are mom enough if they breast feed or not!

I guess my mother and I are failures according to that. My mom bottle fed me and my brother and I bottle fed my son. Booooo. Hahahaha.
 
Innuendoes
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: Attachment Parenting~Good or Bad?

Postby icy » Fri May 11, 2012 12:33 pm

Innuendoes wrote:
icy wrote:Thanks for that Inny, I wasn't sure if I could post it or not. Do you know what got my back up at first, the title of it! Mothers are mom enough if they breast feed or not!

I guess my mother and I are failures according to that. My mom bottle fed me and my brother and I bottle fed my son. Booooo. Hahahaha.

And thats ok to bottle feed. I am not aganist breast feeding, but at an age as the ones in this article, where kids should be learning to feed themselves...that is too much.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 17058
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: . Don't forget to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 602 times

Re: Attachment Parenting~Good or Bad?

Postby Innuendoes » Fri May 11, 2012 12:38 pm

icy wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:
icy wrote:Thanks for that Inny, I wasn't sure if I could post it or not. Do you know what got my back up at first, the title of it! Mothers are mom enough if they breast feed or not!

I guess my mother and I are failures according to that. My mom bottle fed me and my brother and I bottle fed my son. Booooo. Hahahaha.

And thats ok to bottle feed. I am not aganist breast feeding, but at an age as the ones in this article, where kids should be learning to feed themselves...that is too much.

Those who breast feed are usually the ones to jump the ones that don't and shame them, as though they are the better mothers. Hahaha. Really. :roll:
 
Innuendoes
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: Attachment Parenting~Good or Bad?

Postby icy » Fri May 11, 2012 12:43 pm

I know that like never before, and it's pretty sad.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 17058
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: . Don't forget to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 602 times

Re: Attachment Parenting~Good or Bad?

Postby Innuendoes » Fri May 11, 2012 12:49 pm

icy wrote:I know that like never before, and it's pretty sad.

The only people who had an issue with me (why is this their business in the first place???) were mothers that breast fed. No one else gave me any shit about it at all.
 
Innuendoes
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: Attachment Parenting~Good or Bad?

Postby icy » Fri May 11, 2012 12:54 pm

Innuendoes wrote:
icy wrote:I know that like never before, and it's pretty sad.

The only people who had an issue with me (why is this their business in the first place???) were mothers that breast fed. No one else gave me any shit about it at all.

My breast cancer friends and I talked about it a while ago, it came up in discussion. The 2 mothers who can't breast feed are made to feel ashamed that they are unable to do it from the mothers who breast feed.
Ok, I guess I better get to posting this link...look at this Inny.
http://www.attachmentparenting.org/
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 17058
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: . Don't forget to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 602 times


Return to Views Of The World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest