Freddie Mercury Interview With Molly Meldrum (November 2, 1977) *FULL INTERVIEW*

Discuss all you like about The Great Pretender
FunnyHowLoveIs

Freddie Mercury Interview With Molly Meldrum (November 2, 1977) *FULL INTERVIEW*

Post by FunnyHowLoveIs »

Was Freddie into cocaine at the time? He is constantly playing with his face.
Malek looks and sounds absolutely nothing whatsoever as Freddie Mercury, anyone will agree.
it seems to me, Brian & Roger in grabbing Malek, secured a younger generation, also with a weak script, settled on fiction and money than artistic ground with Sasha Cohen, of whom, clearly is more like Freddie Mercury than any other actor out there other than Freddie himself. Cohen represented an older generation and no one has seen his serious side, something that was a factor Brian & Roger considered when going to Malek. I firmly believe, Cohen would've taken top honors at the Academy awards as best actor and had the script been historically correct, would've taken best picture at the Academy. Back in 2016, I recall via YouTube watching Cohen as Mercury, it was a scene in a bar or restaurant with all men around a table all talking, obviously footage exists and at the least leaked out and thank you for it too.

Generic username

Re: Freddie Mercury Interview With Molly Meldrum (November 2, 1977) *FULL INTERVIEW*

Post by Generic username »

1. Link to Cohen as FM on YouTube please

2. Cohen is about 6 foot 3. FM was 5 foot 9. If Cohen had played FM, you'd have needed someone about 6'9" to play BM

TheMiracleMan

Re: Freddie Mercury Interview With Molly Meldrum (November 2, 1977) *FULL INTERVIEW*

Post by TheMiracleMan »

FunnyHowLoveIs wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:00 pm

Was Freddie into cocaine at the time? He is constantly playing with his face.
Malek looks and sounds absolutely nothing whatsoever as Freddie Mercury, anyone will agree.
it seems to me, Brian & Roger in grabbing Malek, secured a younger generation, also with a weak script, settled on fiction and money than artistic ground with Sasha Cohen, of whom, clearly is more like Freddie Mercury than any other actor out there other than Freddie himself. Cohen represented an older generation and no one has seen his serious side, something that was a factor Brian & Roger considered when going to Malek. I firmly believe, Cohen would've taken top honors at the Academy awards as best actor and had the script been historically correct, would've taken best picture at the Academy. Back in 2016, I recall via YouTube watching Cohen as Mercury, it was a scene in a bar or restaurant with all men around a table all talking, obviously footage exists and at the least leaked out and thank you for it too.

What the hell are you talking about? where does the video and Malek? I think you are the one who uses cocaine

Kes

Post by Kes »

Strangely enough, the ONLY problem I had with Rami Malek playing Freddie, was his eye colour, which they "could" have easily changed from blue to brown with CGI, if they were that bothered.

AFAIK, drug use, whoever you mean for at least two of the band (probably three), started in Munich.

MyHumanZoo

Post by MyHumanZoo »

Kes wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:48 pm Strangely enough, the ONLY problem I had with Rami Malek playing Freddie, was his eye colour, which they "could" have easily changed from blue to brown with CGI, if they were that bothered.

AFAIK, drug use, whoever you mean for at least two of the band (probably three), started in Munich.
I felt like the problem with Malek was how slowly he talks, kind of slow and lazy. Freddie’s mind moved so fast and so did his talking...it made it really hard to take Malek seriously as Freddie. Maybe the fake teeth made it hard to talk quickly, so I gave him a little bit of a pass on that. But the eye color bugged me too. And the lack of comedy, the quick quips that Freddie also had....those were absent.

It would have been interesting to see Sasha Cohen play Freddie, on the surface it seems like he could have done well, but I’m not sure he wouldn’t have sort of overplayed him, if you know what I mean. As a comic I could see him almost mocking Freddie a little with a portrayal...but I guess we’ll never know.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Being fair, a lot of the interviews you see Freddie, and he looks like he's like thinking at six hundred miles an hour,, he's probably coked off his f*cking tits.

MyHumanZoo

Post by MyHumanZoo »

Kes wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:25 am Being fair, a lot of the interviews you see Freddie, and he looks like he's like thinking at six hundred miles an hour,, he's probably coked off his f*cking tits.
True!😂