No Way Is This Going To Be 6 Shows!!!

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

No Way Is This Going To Be 6 Shows!!!

Postby slightlymad1970 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:33 am

Sorry I couldn't resist, I watched the whole Kiev show, was going to try and avoid it as i am going to Hammersmith but i'm so glad i did, what a show, it blew me away. The song selection, the band, the lights and especially Brian, Roger and Adam, simply awesome. Bring on Hammersmith i say.

There is now way this will stop at 6 shows surely, I can see one last world tour happening, not like the old ones with Freddie but a handful of gigs all over the world, Japan, South America, USA, Australia and Europe. Big arenas or Stadiums even festivals, hell why not try and get Glastonbury, this set would go down a storm!!.

No one will ever replace Freddie, he was untouchable, I adored the Q+PR tours, loved what they did with Paul and this next chapter with Adam will be just as good if not better.

Queen will always be Freddie, John, Brian and Roger but that will not stop me supporting anything Bri and Rog do under the Queen+ banner.

Hammersmith here i come :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Re: No Way Is This Going To Be 6 Shows!!!

Postby ultraviolet » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:17 am

Nobody in mainland europe gives a flying fuck about this tragedy. Thats also why sonisphere was cancelled. I cannot see any serious music lover (minus al fanboys) wasting their money seeing someone with a sheep voice butchering old queen hits.
All that crap again????

ultraviolet
We Will Rock You

Postby slightlymad1970 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:27 am

ultraviolet wrote:Nobody in mainland europe gives a flying fuck about this tragedy. Thats also why sonisphere was cancelled. I cannot see any serious music lover (minus al fanboys) wasting their money seeing someone with a sheep voice butchering old queen hits.

Well 55,000 tickets sold and 250,000 turning up for a free concert aint to bad a start :D

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Postby Johan » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:02 pm

ultraviolet wrote:Nobody in mainland europe gives a flying fuck about this tragedy. Thats also why sonisphere was cancelled. I cannot see any serious music lover (minus al fanboys) wasting their money seeing someone with a sheep voice butchering old queen hits.

I'd be there, and I'm not a Adam Lambert fan boy.
There must be something you can say..?

Johan
Spread Your Wings

Postby voodoogirl » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:27 pm

I could see a strategic few dates in US and Canada. Maybe Brazil and Japan. The US press has been generally favorable, interestingly enough.

I guess it depends how they feel at the end of the 6 shows and what Adam's commitments are for his own projects. (And what a promoter is willing to offer them I suppose.) I would certainly go if there were a show in the US near me. I'm not an Adam fanboy or fangirl, but I couldn't pass up the chance to see Brian and Roger. For the first show, there were more hits than misses for me and that's enough for the price of a ticket.

But maybe, we'll see. I think it's too early to call at this stage. Wait and see what the Hammersmith press is like.

voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On

Postby slightlymad1970 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:43 pm

voodoogirl wrote:I could see a strategic few dates in US and Canada. Maybe Brazil and Japan. The US press has been generally favorable, interestingly enough.

I guess it depends how they feel at the end of the 6 shows and what Adam's commitments are for his own projects. (And what a promoter is willing to offer them I suppose.) I would certainly go if there were a show in the US near me. I'm not an Adam fanboy or fangirl, but I couldn't pass up the chance to see Brian and Roger. For the first show, there were more hits than misses for me and that's enough for the price of a ticket.

But maybe, we'll see. I think it's too early to call at this stage. Wait and see what the Hammersmith press is like.

I thought the whole production for the Kiev show was superb, as a first show i think it was fantastic, there was a real chemistry. I was lucky enough to be at the Q+PR show in Brixton and although i enjoyed the show the chemistry wasn't quite there, that came the more shows they did. They just seemed to hit the ground running with this one. I agree with a few strategic shows in the US and Canada but play real Queen strongholds like LA, NY, Las Vegas, Boston, Toronto, Montreal all pretty much guaranteed to sell out!!!

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Postby CNB » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:49 pm

On another thread it was pointed out that Adam has phenomenal breath support and that's why he holds his notes longer and his vibrato is more noticeable. But calling it a sheep voice is not only unkind, but incorrect IMO.

You're obviously not happy with someone who is not a Freddie imitator or clone. I hadn't heard that Sonisphere was cancelled because of Adam Lambert.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Lemmy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:53 pm

CNB wrote:

On another thread it was pointed out that Adam has phenomenal breath support and that's why he holds his notes longer and his vibrato is more noticeable. But calling it a sheep voice is not only unkind, but incorrect IMO.

You're obviously not happy with someone who is not a Freddie imitator or clone. I hadn't heard that Sonisphere was cancelled because of Adam Lambert.

I don't think Sonisphere was cancelled only because of Adam Lambert teaming up with Brian and Roger.
Many other factors were at play. (though I do like the idea :D )

Lemmy
Spread Your Wings

Postby Markholland » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:51 pm

CNB wrote:On another thread it was pointed out that Adam has phenomenal breath support and that's why he holds his notes longer and his vibrato is more noticeable.

Well that's not really true is it. With most artists this is true but when you see Adam singing it looks intentional. He just can't keep his jaw in place and that is the cause of the vibrato. It has nothing to do with his breath or his vocal cords, he does it himself. As for the reason why I don't know.

Markholland

Postby DrSpiderhead » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:41 am

From watching the entire Kiev show online and then the videos that I've seen of Moscow and the interaction between the band the fun they're having, I would bet that they'll add some. Like someone else said, the reviews from US pulications has been good and I could see a couple of shows added. I sure hope so! I'm not an Adam fan, I don't have anything against him at all, but Brian and Roger (Spike too) are what I'm excited about and I think Adam does a fine job! I sure hope to see this combo live in person!

DrSpiderhead
Spread Your Wings

Postby ultraviolet » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:41 am

Lemmy wrote:
CNB wrote:

I don't think Sonisphere was cancelled only because of Adam Lambert teaming up with Brian and Roger.
Many other factors were at play. (though I do like the idea :D )

Well if there was such a demand for Bri & ROg performing with an AI-muppet, then it would have sold out instantly. Maybe they just overestimated their current status. I still think it is all forced by Jim Beach - the marketing alone like "QUEEN (without "+") is returning to Knebworth" was cringeworthy and embarrassing! Just shameful
All that crap again????

ultraviolet
We Will Rock You

Postby ultraviolet » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:42 am

DrSpiderhead wrote: I'm not an Adam fan, I don't have anything against him at all, !

If I had anything against him I would have used it! :D
All that crap again????

ultraviolet
We Will Rock You

Postby RPeura » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:51 pm

ultraviolet wrote:
Nobody in mainland europe gives a flying fuck about this tragedy. Thats also why sonisphere was cancelled. I cannot see any serious music lover (minus al fanboys) wasting their money seeing someone with a sheep voice butchering old queen hits.

I am very happy to have Hammersmith Apollo Concert ticket (11.7.). I'm huge fan of Queen as well as Adam Lambert. Followed Adam's career since his first audition in Idols. I adore his voice and appearance. By the way, I am not a fanboy but 67 years old grandmother from Finland :-D
I Want to Break Free

RPeura
We Will Rock You

Postby eiricd » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 pm

if the tragedy should occur, it'll be interesting to say the least, to see how ticket sales are.

as long as it says "Queen" on the ticket, sales in europe will be good.
how good though? there are still hammersmith tickets available, which means they have sold less than 15000 tickets in the UK, which is their home ground.
by comparison, the QPR tour in 2008 did o2 x 2 + wembley arena in London alone, and they toured the rest of the UK extensively.

right there, imo, it is evident that alot of potential concert goers are not interested in Queen + adam lambert.

also, there's no accident that the gigs outside of london are done in Russia / eastern europe. in markets like that, where they until recently have been seldom visited by big bands, sales are bound to be good.

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby voodoogirl » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:40 pm

It would be interesting to watch sales.

There's no doubt Paul Rodgers was a much bigger name and draw in the UK, but the US concert stats are abysmal. But they only look anemic based on the venues they tried to fill which were overestimated. IF they decide to do any US shows, they'd be smarter to book far fewer shows and stick to cities fans would travel to. Make it more of a special event, a destination show, like Vegas. If you look at something like Pittsburgh, they only sold 5k. But who wants to go to Pittsburgh for a concert? I would look at Vegas, NY, LA and a Canadian city. And call it good. And add Brazil and Japan.

American Airlines Arena Miami 5,897 / 20,000 (29%)
Veterans Memorial Arena Jacksonville 4,560 / 15,000 (30%)
Arena at Gwinnett Center Duluth 9,060 / 13,100 (69%)
MCI Center Washington, D.C. 9,475 / 18,500 (51%)
DCU Center Worcester 12,633 / 15,000 (84%)
Nassau Coliseum Uniondale 7,697 / 18,100 (43%)
Wachovia Spectrum Philadelphia 12,168 / 18,369 (66%)
Air Canada Centre Toronto 11,279 / 19,800 (57%)
HSBC Arena Buffalo 8,581 / 18,500 (46%)
Mellon Arena Pittsburgh 5,021 / 18,039 (28%)
Quicken Loans Arena Cleveland 6,281 / 20,000 (31%)
Allstate Arena Rosemont 7,441 / 18,500 (40%)
Palace of Auburn Hills Auburn Hills 13,303 / 24,276 (55%)
Xcel Energy Center Saint Paul 7,923 / 20,554 (39%)
Bradley Center Milwaukee 6,692 / 20,000 (33%)
Glendale Arena Glendale 6,104 / 19,000 (32%)
Cox Arena San Diego 6,030 / 12,845 (47%)
Honda Center Anaheim 6,439 / 18,900 (34%)
HP Pavilion San Jose 8,805 / 19,190 (46%)
MGM Grand Garden Arena Paradise 14,556 / 16,400 (89%)
KeyArena Seattle 8,363 / 16,641 (50%)
Rose Garden Arena Portland 11,565 / 20,000 (58%)
Pacific Coliseum Vancouver 13,767 / 17,500 (79%)

voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On

Next

Return to Dear Friends