No Way Is This Going To Be 6 Shows!!!

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: No Way Is This Going To Be 6 Shows!!!

Postby The Milkman » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:29 pm

ThroughOurSplendor wrote:A free concert is one thing. Hell, I'd probably even go if it were free, just to see Brian and Roger, as I never have before. Paying is another thing. I think this would tank if they brought it to the U.S. Queen was never near as well-loved in the States as they were globally, and with Lambert fronting it would likely be a flop.

It depends on the size of the venues IMO. I think it could do really well in smaller venues, BUT it would mostly be a Glambert crowd. Do you think Brian & Roger want to look like Adam's backing band? Only time will tell.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby voodoogirl » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:30 pm

ThroughOurSplendor wrote:A free concert is one thing. Hell, I'd probably even go if it were free, just to see Brian and Roger, as I never have before. Paying is another thing. I think this would tank if they brought it to the U.S. Queen was never near as well-loved in the States as they were globally, and with Lambert fronting it would likely be a flop.

Depends on the venue sizes and number of dates. I think they could do a mini-tour 3-4 shows, but not the sizes they tried to fill with PR. But would it be financially worth it? The US is a huge country to traverse with gear.

Speaking of gear, the lighting that they are using now, is it rented? How does that work?

voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On

Postby lizg » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:35 pm

The Milkman wrote:
Tattletale wrote:
I think he does it to simply show off. Maybe that’s why I don’t feel anything when I hear him sing. All of those runs don’t mean anything to him. I get the feeling he’s just acting. Like it’s theater to him.
I actually thought he had a good voice when I first heard him and still think he does. I just don’t like what he does with it.
I first noticed this when I heard him sing the U.S. national anthem at an event that Steven Spielberg was at. I was excited to hear that he was singing the national anthem. Then I heard him. There was so many unnecessary runs and oversinging that it was embarrassing. To me, it was disrespectful.

I agree. It's like one big boring guitar solo that grates on the nerves.

The fans at these concerts scream at the electric energy Adam's electrifying runs produce. He's letting it rip and having fun. It would be a shame if the performers who do that the best don't.

Regarding the topic of this thread: In the Billboard article, Adam's reps said that a proper tour for Trespassing wouldn't happen until the end of the year or the beginning of the next to leave room for international opportunities. So there is room in Adam's touring schedule for a few arena shows with Brian and Roger, if that's what they want to do.
They are having fun, are packing the arenas now and most people are having a great time, so my eight ball reads, "Signs point to... it's possible".
Last edited by lizg on Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lizg
Spread Your Wings

Postby Montavilla » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:39 pm

Tattletale wrote:I first noticed this when I heard him sing the U.S. national anthem at an event that Steven Spielberg was at. I was excited to hear that he was singing the national anthem. Then I heard him. There was so many unnecessary runs and oversinging that it was embarrassing. To me, it was disrespectful.

I'm with you about oversinging the National Anthem. He did a much simpler version at the Miramar Air Force base. It might be more to your liking.

"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Out of The Shadows » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:54 pm

Tattletale wrote:
Markholland wrote:
CNB wrote:On another thread it was pointed out that Adam has phenomenal breath support and that's why he holds his notes longer and his vibrato is more noticeable.

Well that's not really true is it. With most artists this is true but when you see Adam singing it looks intentional. He just can't keep his jaw in place and that is the cause of the vibrato. It has nothing to do with his breath or his vocal cords, he does it himself. As for the reason why I don't know.

I think he does it to simply show off. Maybe that’s why I don’t feel anything when I hear him sing. All of those runs don’t mean anything to him. I get the feeling he’s just acting. Like it’s theater to him.
I actually thought he had a good voice when I first heard him and still think he does. I just don’t like what he does with it.
I first noticed this when I heard him sing the U.S. national anthem at an event that Steven Spielberg was at. I was excited to hear that he was singing the national anthem. Then I heard him. There was so many unnecessary runs and oversinging that it was embarrassing. To me, it was disrespectful.

Well here is the NA from the Steven Spielberg event and there is only 1 run at the end. I think its very respectful.

Love overcomes hate. Love has no color. Love has no orientation. All is love. ~ Adam Lambert

Out of The Shadows
Spread Your Wings

Postby Simon » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:29 pm

I'm wondering myself if it is economically feasible to do just six shows. I'm not an expert but I highly doubt that. I think they are testing the waters and then go for it if everything turns out fine.
"Or you have it, or you don't!"

Simon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby voodoogirl » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:35 pm

Simon wrote:I'm wondering myself if it is economically feasible to do just six shows. I'm not an expert but I highly doubt that. I think they are testing the waters and then go for it if everything turns out fine.

I think Roger joked in one of the arriving in Moscow interviews that if they were doing it for the money it wouldn't be 6 shows, or something along those lines. Especially when one of the shows was unpaid.

As for who attends the shows, they can always approximate by the Tshirt buyers :-D

voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On

Postby Tattletale » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:10 pm

“Well here is the NA from the Steven Spielberg event and there is only 1 run at the end. I think its very respectful.”

I’m sure he didn’t intend any disrespect, but I think he sang that like a blues number. And, in my opinion, that is improper to do when singing the national song of any country.

Tattletale
Spread Your Wings

Postby Montavilla » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:30 pm

Tattletale wrote:“Well here is the NA from the Steven Spielberg event and there is only 1 run at the end. I think its very respectful.”

I’m sure he didn’t intend any disrespect, but I think he sang that like a blues number. And, in my opinion, that is improper to do when singing the national song of any country.

Maybe that depends on whether you're in a blue state or a red state. :lol:
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby anotherone » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:34 pm

Simon wrote:I'm wondering myself if it is economically feasible to do just six shows. I'm not an expert but I highly doubt that. I think they are testing the waters and then go for it if everything turns out fine.

Interesting point and interesting perspective. I am still kind of willing to believe that these 6 shows are it, mainly because of what I think was their original intention. I mean, originally they were approached for this Knebworth gig and planned Moscow only as a warm-up (and possibly also because I could imagine Russian promoters to be willing to fork over some nice money...I also kind of believe that at that time the Kiev charity gig was already on the table). So the expectation was only for two probably solidly paid gigs but then one fell through and they had to scramble for a back-up plan. So my point would be that the original thing did not look like any kind of touring to me.

anotherone
Spread Your Wings

Postby voodoogirl » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:02 pm

anotherone wrote:

Interesting point and interesting perspective. I am still kind of willing to believe that these 6 shows are it, mainly because of what I think was their original intention. I mean, originally they were approached for this Knebworth gig and planned Moscow only as a warm-up (and possibly also because I could imagine Russian promoters to be willing to fork over some nice money...I also kind of believe that at that time the Kiev charity gig was already on the table). So the expectation was only for two probably solidly paid gigs but then one fell through and they had to scramble for a back-up plan. So my point would be that the original thing did not look like any kind of touring to me.

I agree, I don't think originally they thought there would even be 6, just Moscow and Knebworth. I wonder when Poland came into the picture.

voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On

Postby The Sixpence » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:41 pm

I hope for the sake of this forum it is only six shows!

(Said in my best Scottie voice) She cannae take any more!

(Once again, I have to point out I am joking, just in case...)

The Sixpence

Postby anotherone » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:48 pm

The Sixpence wrote:I hope for the sake of this forum it is only six shows!

(Said in my best Scottie voice) She cannae take any more!

(Once again, I have to point out I am joking, just in case...)

He is dead, Jim. :biggrin:

anotherone
Spread Your Wings

Postby DrSpiderhead » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:51 pm

Well... I don't remember exactly where Brian says it... or perhaps it was Roger.... it was late when I watched it. Anyway, with regards to Queen + Adam Lambert doing more shows. They stated "we're testing the waters" or something to that effect.

Also, just judging by the positive reactions from fans at shows and the positive U.S. press and the fun it appears they are having, I would expect a couple of more shows. Fingers crossed.

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkE7jbFDVew

DrSpiderhead
Spread Your Wings

Postby The Sixpence » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:34 am

Is it okay that I cross my fingers that it doesn't happen? ;-)

The Sixpence

PreviousNext

Return to Dear Friends