In The News Today...

Other music, TV, films and general interest
MusicalProstitute

Re: In The News Today...

Post by MusicalProstitute »

Full respect to Michael Sheen for having convictions and handing back his OBE. Also, he is intelligent enough to know these things mean nothing.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/mich ... 57667.html

MyHumanZoo

Post by MyHumanZoo »

Interestingly, I have not heard a lot of fear about the new strain here. It seems to be downplayed. They say mutation was to be expected, the new vaccines will cover it, so not really a big deal.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Two points. Where do you live, and how long will it take to vaccinate your entire population?

I ask because even if you get vaccinated, all the vaccine does is stop you from getting seriously ill. AFAIK, it doesn't stop you getting infected, carrying the virus, or spreading it. It's too early for them to know the answers to those questions yet.

You do need to worry about the new strains, because despite people in the UK being Covid-aware, wearing face masks, washing hands, keeping distance, this new strain is infecting and killing at least as many people, as the first version did, back in the first wave. If it's allowed to, once it gets rolling, this version will overtake the first outbreak, both in the number of infections, and deaths. It's probably going to take 8 months to a year to vaccinate enough people for the vaccine to become a winner, and there's a lot that can happen in that sort of time.

I don't know if it's resistent to the countermeasures, or survives a lot longer on surfaces, but places that have the new variants, are seeing cases go loopy.

Kes

Post by Kes »

To put a perspective on it, there's people who live a few hundred yards from where I live, in a fairly rural area, who haven't left their houses in two months, apart from once a day, walking their dogs in the countryside, and they're testing positive.

They promise they've been wearing face masks, washing their hands, santitising their shopping, and they're still getting it.

Innuendoes
Location: Ah, another day has gone, another friend has gone into the flame.

Post by Innuendoes »

OMG!

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

KrissAnn Hall is a Constitutional attorney and former prosecutor who travels the country teaching the Constitution and the history that gave us our founding documents.

Lord of all darkness

Post by Lord of all darkness »

Innuendoes wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:33 pm KrissAnn Hall is a Constitutional attorney and former prosecutor who travels the country teaching the Constitution and the history that gave us our founding documents.
Lol, as usual I do feel the need to highlight when you post links to far right nut jobs. The below link tells everyone what they need to know about the bias of this person.

By the way the banjo music put me off.

https://www.irehr.org/reports/peoples-r ... anne-hall/

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

Lord of all darkness wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:25 am
Innuendoes wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:33 pm KrissAnn Hall is a Constitutional attorney and former prosecutor who travels the country teaching the Constitution and the history that gave us our founding documents.
Lol, as usual I do feel the need to highlight when you post links to far right nut jobs. The below link tells everyone what they need to know about the bias of this person.

Listen. That woman is a constitutional attorney. She is in no way a nut job and I am sure you didn't hear the part about a bill in court in New York that is to round up all New Yorkers and forcibly vaccinate them but not before possibly hold them in holding cells for up to 5 days. Do you think our citizens should have an entire state or an entire city (I am not sure about which it is, yet) being rounded up by health officials and held as prisoners? Not the police, not the courts healthcare workers?!?!

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

I'm not posting further on this. I see how this will go.

Lord of all darkness

Post by Lord of all darkness »

Innuendoes wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:45 am
Lord of all darkness wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:25 am

Listen. That woman is a constitutional attorney. She is in no way a nut job and I am sure you didn't hear the part about a bill in court in New York that is to round up all New Yorkers and forcibly vaccinate them but not before possibly hold them in holding cells for up to 5 days. Do you think our citizens should have an entire state or an entire city (I am not sure about which it is, yet) being rounded up by health officials and held as prisoners? Not the police, not the courts healthcare workers?!?!
I will stand by the link. She does speeches to white supremacist's and Tea Part members. She believes that kamala Harris and Barack Obama are not natural born Americans.

I do not believe in forcing people to be vaccinated. However if my country had made such a hash of the virus, I would feel different.