What made you happy/what annoyed you today

Other music, TV, films and general interest
MyHumanZoo

Re: What made you happy/what annoyed you today

Post by MyHumanZoo »

I was helping pull up the anchor on our boat today and the wind blew the compartment lid for the rope/chain rather violently shut on my foot. I believe I now have a broken toe. To somewhat quote Buddy from Elf...”my toe has a heartbeat”!! Yeeoowch.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

MyHumanZoo wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:09 pm I was helping pull up the anchor on our boat today and the wind blew the compartment lid for the rope/chain rather violently shut on my foot. I believe I now have a broken toe. To somewhat quote Buddy from Elf...”my toe has a heartbeat”!! Yeeoowch.
Oh heck, I cringed reading your post, a broken toe is awful. Hope you fully recover.

Lord of all darkness

Post by Lord of all darkness »

JLP wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:38 am
Innuendoes wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:01 am I think my friend is gonna die from COVID. He was just rushed to the hospital with a 105 fever and they sent his girlfriend away because she has it, too, and not doing good, either and her mother died of it last night. I am beside myself. We have known each other side he was 18 years old or maybe he was 17 and I was 21. 😭
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they will be able to treat him and he makes a full recovery.
Same here. Too many have fallen to this virus. 2020 Will be the worst year ever.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Holy shit balls :shock:
I've been awake for nearly two days straight.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

A ruined friendship. 💔💔💔

MyHumanZoo

Post by MyHumanZoo »

My parents, both in their mid eighties, got their First round of Covid vaccine today. I’m glad, they have rarely left their house in the last year, and we have minimized visits and used masks/distance when we do. It will be nice to have that little bit of assurance for them.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

MyHumanZoo wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:27 pm My parents, both in their mid eighties, got their First round of Covid vaccine today. I’m glad, they have rarely left their house in the last year, and we have minimized visits and used masks/distance when we do. It will be nice to have that little bit of assurance for them.
Yes indeed. I hope all goes well for them.
I'm still waiting for my mother to get the vaccine. 75 with copd, and she's lower on the list than I thought she would be. She won't get her vaccine until spring.

Innuendoes
Location: Ah, another day has gone, another friend has gone into the flame.

Post by Innuendoes »

Here comes the optical migraine. Damn, I hate this. My whole left eye is like everything I see is through rippling water at a lake.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

So bloody cold as have had no heating since Saturday. Coming tomorrow to reoair.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

JLP wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:06 pm So bloody cold as have had no heating since Saturday. Coming tomorrow to reoair.
:shock: why the wait? I hope it gets fixed soon.
I hope you find a way to keep you warm in the meantime