Brian May Save Me Trust perfume

Good Company - The Life Of Brian
midnight sky

Brian May Save Me Trust perfume

Post by midnight sky »

I'm shocked at the price of it, it's almost a sell out in my eyes, even with the money being donated, how does Brian and the ones behind this can think some people can afford this,especially with the pandemic going on. I'd be cringing if it was only 100 pounds/dollars/euros, but at least that would fall in line with some other scents.

But the price shocks me, even with it being signed.
Signed bottle by Brian and Sergio Momo 410 euros
Unsigned bottle 197 euros
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .

MyHumanZoo

Re: Brian May Save Me Trust perfume

Post by MyHumanZoo »

Yes! I thought it sounded cool...and with money going to their charity maybe I’d give it a try. But that price is almost insulting!

Ray

Post by Ray »

I guess he wants to attract rather rich people who spend their money for anything anyway and don't care for the price. This way he probably gets more money faster for the charity.

And tbh, I'd never be interested in a "Queen branded" perfume or socks or whatever else they're selling recently. For me it's about their music, not their brand, I want their albums, live releases etc. at my home, but I don't need EVERYTHING with a Queen logo etc. on it.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

I think he's going down the Gene Simmons route...and it's not a good thing. I love Brian, and I love animals but...this is a money grab in my books. Why can't he donate his own money to help the cause out?

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

midnight sky wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:38 pm. Why can't he donate his own money to help the cause out?
I think it's a safe bet he's ploughed a fair bit of his own money into it.

Ray

Post by Ray »

midnight sky wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:38 pm I think he's going down the Gene Simmons route...and it's not a good thing. I love Brian, and I love animals but...this is a money grab in my books. Why can't he donate his own money to help the cause out?
I'm sure he does. But it's not like some amount of money will solve all the problems there are.

The comparison to Gene Simmons is a stretch imo...Gene is a business man first and a musician second. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't heard that all the Kiss stuff (or some of it) is sold for charity purpose like Brian does. Brian must have way too much money anyway, so I think his intention is honest and for those causes alone.

I mean, it's not like anyone forces people to buy stuff like that...it's just that there are so many collectors out there or people who (apparently) have no better way to spend their money, so they use the opportunity. If people think they need stuff like that, go buy it. At least in Brian's case it helps a good cause. I'm sure people who are REALLY struggling financially worry about other, way important stuff than not being able to buy a Brian May perfume... ;)

MyHumanZoo

Post by MyHumanZoo »

Ray wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:23 am I guess he wants to attract rather rich people who spend their money for anything anyway and don't care for the price. This way he probably gets more money faster for the charity.

And tbh, I'd never be interested in a "Queen branded" perfume or socks or whatever else they're selling recently. For me it's about their music, not their brand, I want their albums, live releases etc. at my home, but I don't need EVERYTHING with a Queen logo etc. on it.
I’m the same, I don’t get everything Queen branded, and I’m not really sure why anyone would at this point. There is so much mass produced stuff that it’s not like most of it will be a collector’s item of great value in 50 years. But there is the odd thing that I like or think looks cool, so I’ll indulge a bit. And when it’s for charity, I am more inclined to do it.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Ray wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:09 pm
midnight sky wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:38 pm I think he's going down the Gene Simmons route...and it's not a good thing. I love Brian, and I love animals but...this is a money grab in my books. Why can't he donate his own money to help the cause out?
I'm sure he does. But it's not like some amount of money will solve all the problems there are.

The comparison to Gene Simmons is a stretch imo...Gene is a business man first and a musician second. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't heard that all the Kiss stuff (or some of it) is sold for charity purpose like Brian does. Brian must have way too much money anyway, so I think his intention is honest and for those causes alone.

I mean, it's not like anyone forces people to buy stuff like that...it's just that there are so many collectors out there or people who (apparently) have no better way to spend their money, so they use the opportunity. If people think they need stuff like that, go buy it. At least in Brian's case it helps a good cause. I'm sure people who are REALLY struggling financially worry about other, way important stuff than not being able to buy a Brian May perfume... ;)
Brian is a millionaire many times over. I'm sure he could have put out a scent that was less expensive than this or donated some of his own money. I know he's done so much for animals, but just the timing and price of this...it has shocked me. I'd love to know what is behind the reasoning for this. Do all the proceeds go to the Trust?
I'm not a Queen collector by any means, I'd rather focus on the music, but if I was a Queen collector, I wouldn't be buying this. It's far too expensive and in my view it seems greedy, especially right now.
And yes, I love animals. I love that Brian loves animals...I don't like that this is so expensive.