Adam Lambert

Other music, TV, films and general interest
midnight sky

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by midnight sky »

It was theatrical alright, in my books it didn't quite work out here in my opinion.
And yes, I know Bowie was theatrical ;)

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Adam was awesome, as usual! :D 8-)

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Adam is doing 2 live concerts!!

On his birthday, January 29th.
I already bought a ticket. :D

Tickets can be purchased here: https://nocapshows.com/artist?name=adam ... ign=velvet

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

More infos about Adam’s live shows for all of you, who always wanted to attend a solo adam show, but never had the chance to go. And everybody else. 8-)

Adam Lambert Announces Global Livestream On His Birthday Later This Month

Adam Lambert has announced that he will livestream a show from The Roxy Theatre in Los Angeles on his birthday, 29th January 2021.

‘Adam Lambert Live’ is presented by NoCap and will see the singer performing songs from his latest album ‘Velvet’ plus some of his best-known hits.

Two live performances will take place and be livestreamed worldwide at 12pm PT (8pm GMT) and later at 7pm PT to allow for global viewing. Tickets are on sale now (priced at $18.50) and are available to purchase at https://nocap.show/adamlambert, where fans can also order exclusive show merchandise.

Of the shows, Adam said: “I’m so excited to be putting on a show for my fans worldwide. Live performance has always and will always be at the heart of what I do, so I’m so happy we’ve found a way for it to persist safely in place of my cancelled Las Vegas residency and European tour. The show will be a real celebration, with new songs from Velvet plus plenty of our older favourites, and some brand-new surprises. I look forward to the party we all deserve from wherever in the world you may be!”

Lambert was due to perform a 5-date Las Vegas residency at the Venetian last Spring and ‘The Velvet Tour’ in Europe (including London’s Wembley Arena) in the Autumn, but these were unable to go ahead due to Covid-19.

Further global dates with Queen (Queen + Adam Lambert) on ‘The Rhapsody Tour’ were postponed until 2021

source: https://entertainment-focus.com/2021/01 ... his-month/

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Why not do it free as a "gift" to the fans?

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

midnight sky wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:30 pm Why not do it free as a "gift" to the fans?
This is going to be a real live concert (on stream). On a proper stage in a theatre with a complete band. It sounds as if Adam has already been working on it for a while and still is. I wouldn’t do that for free either.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Nicki wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:41 pm
midnight sky wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:30 pm Why not do it free as a "gift" to the fans?
This is going to be a real live concert (on stream). On a proper stage in a theatre with a complete band. It sounds as if Adam has already been working on it for a while and still is. I wouldn’t do that for free either.
I would do it for free. Times are tight and hard for so many right now. Heck, if it was free, even i would tune in.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

midnight sky wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:45 pm
Nicki wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:41 pm
I would do it for free. Times are tight and hard for so many right now. Heck, if it was free, even i would tune in.
Adam is like all the other entertainers and plenty other people in regular jobs this year and had no work, difference is a lot of entertainers don't get paid anything while they aren't working so why should he pay money of his own for the venue, band, whoever's filming the show, crew needed like lighting, sound engineers etc? He has bills to pay like everyone else so why should he work for free and actually pay money out to do it?

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

whitequeen20 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:57 pm
Adam is like all the other entertainers and plenty other people in regular jobs this year and had no work, difference is a lot of entertainers don't get paid anything while they aren't working so why should he pay money of his own for the venue, band, whoever's filming the show, crew needed like lighting, sound engineers etc? He has bills to pay like everyone else so why should he work for free and actually pay money out to do it?
Indeed. A lot of things come together with such an event. The bandmembers are happy to get a chance to work and make money. The streaming service isn’t free either. And so on and so on.
A ticket is 18,50$. I really doubt that Adam is making money with that. It will probably just cover the expenses.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Nicki wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:18 pm
whitequeen20 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:57 pm
Indeed. A lot of things come together with such an event. The bandmembers are happy to get a chance to work and make money. The streaming service isn’t free either. And so on and so on.
A ticket is 18,50$. I really doubt that Adam is making money with that. It will probably just cover the expenses.
Exactly, it's not an expensive ticket and with all he'll be paying out he likely won't make that much unless he sells a huge amount of tickets. Even if he does there's no saying what he'll do with the money, he's been doing tons of charity work this year and may well donate money to help out of work musicians or some other charity. Either way I don't get why people expect entertainers to work for free, they wouldn't expect doctors, nurses, shop assistants etc to go to work and not get paid so why should it be different for musicians.