Adam Lambert

Other music, TV, films and general interest
midnight sky

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by midnight sky »

whitequeen20 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:33 pm
Nicki wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:18 pm
whitequeen20 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:57 pm
Adam is like all the other entertainers and plenty other people in regular jobs this year and had no work, difference is a lot of entertainers don't get paid anything while they aren't working so why should he pay money of his own for the venue, band, whoever's filming the show, crew needed like lighting, sound engineers etc? He has bills to pay like everyone else so why should he work for free and actually pay money out to do it?
Indeed. A lot of things come together with such an event. The bandmembers are happy to get a chance to work and make money. The streaming service isn’t free either. And so on and so on.
A ticket is 18,50$. I really doubt that Adam is making money with that. It will probably just cover the expenses.
Exactly, it's not an expensive ticket and with all he'll be paying out he likely won't make that much unless he sells a huge amount of tickets. Even if he does there's no saying what he'll do with the money, he's been doing tons of charity work this year and may well donate money to help out of work musicians or some other charity. Either way I don't get why people expect entertainers to work for free, they wouldn't expect doctors, nurses, shop assistants etc to go to work and not get paid so why should it be different for musicians.
You don't have an idea of how hard some people are finding things. I hate to use myself as an example and I hope I don't get flamed for this, but I can't even afford otc pain medication. Less than 20 dollars, pounds, whatever might not seem like alot, but right now I can't even scrounge up that. Times are hard and not only for me, right now it's hard for millions.
If this would be for charity it would be one thing. Like I said, if I could have afforded to watch the Bowie Tribute if would have done so, ok with the knowledge at least some of it would be donated.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

I bet someone will post the concert(s) later on youtube, so that everyone, who couldn’t afford a ticket can watch it.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Nicki wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:01 am I bet someone will post the concert(s) later on youtube, so that everyone, who couldn’t afford a ticket can watch it.
Of course, that's what is going to happen. Do they not know musicians don't work for free? ;)

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

midnight sky wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:24 am
Nicki wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:01 am I bet someone will post the concert(s) later on youtube, so that everyone, who couldn’t afford a ticket can watch it.
Of course, that's what is going to happen. Do they not know musicians don't work for free? ;)
The concerts will be over and Adam will have his income.
There is of course no guarantee. that it will be on YT. Adam could prevent that. ;)
But I don’t think, he will.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Nicki wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:29 am
midnight sky wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:24 am
There is of course no guarantee. that it will be on YT. Adam could prevent that. ;)
I think AL has been pretty well off financially these last few years, and I doubt this will make much income for him.
How could he prevent it from being on youtube? Even the his part of the Bowie Tribute was up on youtube pretty fast, people had no problems sharing that.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Here is a virtual concert from August this year. I don’t think, I‘ve seen this complete version before. It’s all for free. ;)

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

midnight sky wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:34 am
I think AL has been pretty well off financially these last few years, and I doubt this will make much income for him.
How could he prevent it from being on youtube? Even the his part of the Bowie Tribute was up on youtube pretty fast, people had no problems sharing that.
Adam could prevent it by telling fans, that he doesn’t want it on YT. I‘m sure that the ones, who usually upload these performances, wouldn’t do it then.
His manager did ask fans to delete certain things before. She’s even following a few accounts (like Gelly‘s) and does communicate with fans, if something they do is really not okay, for publishing rights or whatever reason it was.

In the end, Adam is the owner of the copyright for this upcoming concert. He can tell YT to delete it.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Adam has just been live on Instagram, promoting his upcoming online concert. It’s about 40 minutes, he’s talking to fans as well. If you’re interested to watch, here is the link:

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Nicki wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:08 pm
midnight sky wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:34 am
Adam could prevent it by telling fans, that he doesn’t want it on YT. I‘m sure that the ones, who usually upload these performances, wouldn’t do it then.
His manager did ask fans to delete certain things before. She’s even following a few accounts (like Gelly‘s) and does communicate with fans, if something they do is really not okay, for publishing rights or whatever reason it was.

In the end, Adam is the owner of the copyright for this upcoming concert. He can tell YT to delete it.
I doubt some of his fans will listen if he didn't want certain things shared. Even I was amazed how quick his part of the Bowie Tribute was put up, and I think Gelly requested it not to be tagged etc.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

The Bowie part was shared by the organizers themselves a couple of hours later. Had they wanted it to be gone, it would have been deleted by YT. They probably considered it nice PR for the rest of the show. That video was shared by many magazines.