The Rhapsody Tour

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
Nicki

Re: The Rhapsody Tour

Post by Nicki »

There is an update on the numbers for the Rhapsody Tour.
The box scores from Oz are in and all venues have been sellouts! :)

THE RHAPSODY TOUR
Box scores from 35/68 Reported Shows

$90,038,733 Gross ($2,572,535 avg.)
748,939 Tickets Sold (21,398 avg.)
$120.22 Average Ticket Price

AngelR

Post by AngelR »

Wow! Impressive numbers! :shock:
I guess the total includes the USA and S.Korea/Japan tours?
Wondering about revenue from the merchandise sales....
Has anyone got a link to the Rhapsody Tour spreadsheet?

Ray

Post by Ray »

No surprise here, the tours became more and more popular and especially after the movie the demand was for sure the highest yet. I'm surprised they didn't try some more stadiums.

Now we can only hope the rest of the tour will still happen.

Ray

Post by Ray »

They just postponed the Queen Extravaganza tour to 2022. It was scheduled for January and February 2021, so that's still much closer than the Rhapsody Tour. Still, them postponing it to 2022 and not later in 2021 makes me more and more expect no bigger concerts in 2021 either and also the Rhapsody Tour to be postponed once more to 2022.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Something special: Snippets from the soundcheck in Tokyo earlier this year.
(Hint: the video doesn’t fit the sound, it’s just a placeholder and from a different soundcheck.)

Adam: „No Fat Bottomed Girls?ts, ts, ts...“
Brian: „ Shut up, Lambert!“ :lol: :lol:

Link to more of the soundcheck: https://m.vk.com/audio?act=audio_playli ... from=group

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

I‘m missing it too, Brian!

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Another video from Korea , this time a part from BoRhap. Ignore the tweet, just enjoy the video. That fantastic audience and at the end Brian is rising in all the smoke from below the stage.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Unbelievable that just about a year ago they still had those big concerts in...where was it... Australia? The one where it rained insanely...and even that didn't stop them doing a show.

Now in waiting modus for who knows how long still...I don't really expect the tour to happen this year...I think it will be another postponement to summer 2022.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Ray wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:31 pm Unbelievable that just about a year ago they still had those big concerts in...where was it... Australia? The one where it rained insanely...and even that didn't stop them doing a show.

Now in waiting modus for who knows how long still...I don't really expect the tour to happen this year...I think it will be another postponement to summer 2022.
The insane rain was in Brisbane, Australia last year. At least we have these videos, while hoping that the concerts will go ahead one day. And not get cancelled. I will rather wait another year.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Ah right, Brisbane, that was insane! :lol:

I don't think they'll cancel the remaining tour dates. They all still want to do it, so they'll postpone again. I think the only thing that would make the concerts get cancelled would be health problems. Fortunately, it seems like Brian is well again. Let's hope it stays that way and they'll be back on stage again.