Put some horse on your fork

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: Put some horse on your fork

Postby fairydandy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:53 am

Kes wrote:This applies to companies like Bird's Eye, equally as much as it applies to Iceland, and Findus, and because of their inability to say clearly what goes into their products, that's one shop I really DO avoid buying stuff from.

The 62% beef in Birds Eye beef burgers is just that (although the 'beef' can have an element of 'beef fat', just as a joint of meat from the butchers can). The 38% is onions and spices. No mechanically recovered meat, no inability to say what goes into their products.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby LittleBabyNothing » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:31 pm

well, we've got it in austria now :-)

in frozen lasagne, doner meat (now there's a REAL problem for muslims :shock:) and salami sausage (horse meat percentage is almost 30% in some cases)

apparently, the horse meat found in austria comes from canada...

eta:
i'm not at all surprised by this and i still find it staggering that people believe that a frozen lasagne for under €2 contains only the highest quality ingredients ;-)
“Why can’t I try on different lives, like dresses, to see which fits best and is more becoming?” - Sylvia Plath.

LittleBabyNothing
We Will Rock You

Postby Tarkus » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:10 pm

I wonder how long it'll be before they find traces of human DNA in the food? Not long, methinks. :sleepy:

Tarkus

Postby EaP » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:44 pm

Tarkus wrote:I wonder how long it'll be before they find traces of human DNA in the food? Not long, methinks :sleepy:

indeed. gangsters have been getting rid of their enemies like that for decades, and then there's all the people that just go missing...

EaP
We Will Rock You

Postby LittleBabyNothing » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:51 pm

“Why can’t I try on different lives, like dresses, to see which fits best and is more becoming?” - Sylvia Plath.

LittleBabyNothing
We Will Rock You

Postby Lino » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:48 am

super old fashioned [being ironic]. In Naples, the Camorra will just drop a hated one in a tank of acid or in a landfill, as well as drugs. That's why they also control the garbage processing.
But horse meat is cheaper and quite a delicious meat, you just have to cook it more to be more tender.
I'm a globetrotter and I'm proud of it!

Lino
The Show Must Go On

Postby Tarkus » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:28 am

Tarkus

Previous

Return to Views Of The World