Rudi’s Latest Claim

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Cmsdrums

Re: Rudi’s Latest Claim

Post by Cmsdrums »

robdeighton wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:05 pm I thought that the 'Days of our lives' documentary from the 40th anniversary (Simon Lupton / Rhys Thomas) was one of the best ones. Never been a fan of DoRo product.
Indeed - a level of research, accuracy and honesty that DoRo could only dream of.

eiricd

Post by eiricd »

The Untold Story is still the best Queen/related documentary made.
Days of our lives, as good as it is, has a fast food approach to it. Way too much ground covered in 2 hours. (I’m sure there’s an extended director’s cut lurking somewhere)

Cmsdrums

Post by Cmsdrums »

eiricd wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:00 pm The Untold Story is still the best Queen/related documentary made.
Days of our lives, as good as it is, has a fast food approach to it. Way too much ground covered in 2 hours. (I’m sure there’s an extended director’s cut lurking somewhere)
There is, but it’s not “lurking” - the extended extras with loads more features and footage and interviews are on the blu ray release.

eiricd

Post by eiricd »

Cmsdrums wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:54 pm
eiricd wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:00 pm The Untold Story is still the best Queen/related documentary made.
There is, but it’s not “lurking” - the extended extras with loads more features and footage and interviews are on the blu ray release.
I'm well aware, and I watch them from time to time

But I'm sure there's a longer complete version, which subsuequently was edited down to the 2 hr with selected scenes thrown in as extras.

I seem to recall the producers said they had quite a few hours with brian and roger in fron of the camera, so I'm sure the initial cut which they started editing, was much longer than 2hrs and the blu ray extras

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

eiricd wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:07 pm
Cmsdrums wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:54 pm
I'm well aware, and I watch them from time to time

But I'm sure there's a longer complete version, which subsuequently was edited down to the 2 hr with selected scenes thrown in as extras.

I seem to recall the producers said they had quite a few hours with brian and roger in fron of the camera, so I'm sure the initial cut which they started editing, was much longer than 2hrs and the blu ray extras
That's not a "directors cut", that's just uncut, possibly a "rough cut"...and you can be sure that it doesn't feature hours of RT/BM even by that point.

AlexKx

Post by AlexKx »

Well, considering there could be a long documentary for each studio long play (2 hours at least?) there are endless things to discuss and talk about.

robdeighton

Post by robdeighton »

I thought that ‘The Untold Story’ focussed more on Freddie than the band. Isn’t that the only documentary where Roger doesn’t appear in it?

MusicalProstitute

Post by MusicalProstitute »

robdeighton wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:05 pm I thought that the 'Days of our lives' documentary from the 40th anniversary (Simon Lupton / Rhys Thomas) was one of the best ones. Never been a fan of DoRo product.
Days Of Our Lives is fantastic. Just recently watched it again. The finest Queen doc out there for my money.

Hutchence

Post by Hutchence »

Rudi Dolezal has just announced that he is working on a new documentary, which is made for RTL, called "Freddie Mercury – the Munich days" (die unerzählten geschichten / the untold stories). Peter Freestone is involved in this project. Duration time is between 80-90 min. Still no release date.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

MusicalProstitute wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:33 pm
Days Of Our Lives is fantastic. Just recently watched it again. The finest Queen doc out there for my money.
I completely agree. One of the best documentaries I've ever seen.