50th Anniversary

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Kes

Re: 50th Anniversary

Post by Kes »

Truth is, I don't know anyone who got it from the QOL store, only lots of people who didn't, and a lot of copies then coming up on ebay, being sold by people who patently didn't actually want it, in the first place.

Nobody's going to make a living out of scalping a copy, but get a box of ten, or twenty?

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Something's gone seriously wrong with this, that much is clear. I always knew it was going to be luck that got me one, but my confirmation email was time stamped at 35 seconds after 11:00. 35 seconds to get through the payment page only to later discover that, actually, I didn't get one, but someone has numerous copies to sell. That's not right.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

I've no interest in releases like this, but I feel sorry for collectors that do, because this is possibly the worst limited-edition release I've ever seen in terms of scalping.

I don't think I've seen a single fan anywhere saying they managed to get a copy.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Something's not right, that's for sure.

It's difficult to think of a solution, that's not labour intensive.

........But someone needs to find one

Newearthmud

Post by Newearthmud »

4 copies of the Freddie single on ebay already. Frustrating.

Woody70

Post by Woody70 »

Interesting, so the sellers either
A) don’t have them and are anticipating getting one at 11am;
B) work for the online shop and have been able to bag a copy early;
C) work at Carnaby St and have been able to bag a copy early.

It will be interesting to see if any disappear just after 11am if they are unsuccessful in getting one.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I think you need to be pretty sure to advertise on eBay.

Either they've already got one in their possession, or as Woody suggested, they're pretty sure they're going to get one.

In the cases of those people who advertise multiple copies, substitute "one" for "several".

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

I saw someone advertising 6 copies of the Freddie single. But also noticed their feedback contains negative feedback about cancelling orders and such like on other similarly rare and limited items.

One thing I've realised is when I saw someone advertise the John Deacon release from next week, I was surprised that they actually had a picture of it, suggesting it was already in their hands. But what I now realise is, it's only a close of the back of the Roger single which illustrates the covers of all four singles. All the people advertising John and Freddie singles are using this method or in the cases where they have a picture of the actual disc, it's just the 'official' picture. So I guess no one actually has them in hand yet.

Anyway, good luck to anyone who is going to try to get a disc just for their collection (or even to listen to!)

Nick W
Site Admin

Post by Nick W »

They are pre-sellers, it's not rocket science they are probably lined up outside the store right now with mates or partners, who they will send in to get multiple copies or even change hats and glasses and disguises - happens all the time over at the Stones store across the street. Notable that they haven't uploaded actual real photos, just a promo image (all four promo photos have gone out for press purposes), plus the seller has other items of other acts on sale.

The singles don't sell out straight away in the actual store, so they are confident in returning later in the day too. We can't photograph everyone who buys one and check they don't return.

No copies have been sold online or in-store, we have checked, plus the label doesn't even have any. Not nice some think something dodgy from within is happening.

It is limited to one online and two in-store, as believe it or not some people travel some distance to come done to store and to be told they can only have one copy, and they might well be a HUGE fan, is really quite harsh.

Any other ideas on how to stop this are welcome, but it's so widespread.

Kes

Post by Kes »

It's just frustrating Nick, when you see fifteen copies for sale on eBay, and none of the fans on this, the band's official forum, have even had a sniff of a copy.

You would have expected at least one of us here, would have got one. Not all thought we'd got one to receive an email 15 minutes later, to say we hadn't.