fairydandy and Bill Maher are the same person

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: fairydandy and Bill Maher are the same person

Postby fairydandy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:16 pm

I'm not Maher! His views on religion are moderate compared to mine! :P

I said on here about 10 years ago that I believed religion was a form of mental illness and it caused a bit of a storm. The thing is, I stand by it totally! I definitely, definitely think that there is something 'wrong' in the brains of religious believers. That's not to say that they are bad people (although some of them are) it's just that they have an 'illness' (or a brain 'default' position) that prevents them from asking questions about their own irrational beliefs. I also actually wonder if a belief in religion could be hereditary because there is no logical explanation as to why very, very intelligent people believe in such drivel. I saw a programme about dogs recently and they successfully changed the behaviour of dogs over about 7 generations...could the same thing be happening in the brains of humans? Are some humans born with a belief in religion?

Anyway, great topic, let's slag off religion...makes me happy. :P

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Elessar » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:25 pm

Last edited by Elessar on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elessar

Postby AutumnGirlLybbie » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:54 am

fairydandy wrote:I'm not Maher! His views on religion are moderate compared to mine! :P

I said on here about 10 years ago that I believed religion was a form of mental illness and it caused a bit of a storm. The thing is, I stand by it totally! I definitely, definitely think that there is something 'wrong' in the brains of religious believers. That's not to say that they are bad people (although some of them are) it's just that they have an 'illness' (or a brain 'default' position) that prevents them from asking questions about their own irrational beliefs. I also actually wonder if a belief in religion could be hereditary because there is no logical explanation as to why very, very intelligent people believe in such drivel. I saw a programme about dogs recently and they successfully changed the behaviour of dogs over about 7 generations...could the same thing be happening in the brains of humans? Are some humans born with a belief in religion?

Anyway, great topic, let's slag off religion...makes me happy. :P

I see what your doing. Conservative religious say there is something wrong with people who are gay, illness or in the brain, so you're turning it around on them, are they "born that way?" Perhaps that should be done more often. While I do believe in God, I find those who are believe in God to the point where they feel its their right to be judgmental about everyone disgusting. I get the wrong end of their judgement too fd. All I have to do is stick an Obama sign in my front yard or get caught watching Cosmos with my son (gasp!) My son lost a friend to conservative Christianity a few years ago. Its so senseless.

AutumnGirlLybbie

Postby action » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:57 pm

Elessar wrote:Bill Maher is spot on about most stuff. Sadly he has some dangerous views on vaccines, which tarnishes him somewhat.

i' actually a bit worried myself as i have a 1 year old son and they are injecting him with vaccines, front right and center

vaccines have a bit of mercury in them to conserve it better. mercury is responsible for the dramatic increase in alzheimer. what is your take on this elessar? mercury is one of the most toxic chemicals known to man, and they use it in vaccines and inject it to our babies :shock:
Why stand on a silent platform?

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby fairydandy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:53 pm

magic action wrote:
Elessar wrote:Bill Maher is spot on about most stuff. Sadly he has some dangerous views on vaccines, which tarnishes him somewhat.

i' actually a bit worried myself as i have a 1 year old son and they are injecting him with vaccines, front right and center

vaccines have a bit of mercury in them to conserve it better. mercury is responsible for the dramatic increase in alzheimer. what is your take on this elessar? mercury is one of the most toxic chemicals known to man, and they use it in vaccines and inject it to our babies :shock:

Rather Mercury than Lambert. ;-)

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Elessar » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:11 pm

Elessar

Postby fairydandy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:08 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-26172181

458 million years old? How ridiculous, everyone knows the planet is just a few thousand years old!

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby AutumnGirlLybbie » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:15 pm

fairydandy wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-26172181

458 million years old? How ridiculous, everyone knows the planet is just a few thousand years old!

Yes, 6 thousand years old to be exact. And fossils were put here by the devil to fool us. (and that is a real explanation given by conservative Christians.)

AutumnGirlLybbie

Postby Elessar » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:08 am

Elessar

Postby fairydandy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:12 am

Elessar wrote:
If you knew absolutely nothing, you'd probably say that IS ridiculous compared to the 6,000 year version. It's a staggeringly long time. I can't understand why people want to believe the far less amazing (and far less true) stories. They're happy to believe in global conspiracies yet don't want to believe in the beauty of nature. And they're often the same people who cling to nature and reject mankind's interventions in it. It's strange and very sad.

I spend a lot of time when walking or cycling thinking about things...and I am constantly thinking that the ground that I am walking on has been here for billions of years and will be here for billions more. I don't know how I feel about that really, it's sort of surreal.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Elessar » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:33 am

Elessar

Postby fairydandy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:38 am

Elessar wrote:
It really is surreal. Meanwhile I can't sleep because I'm having hypothetical arguments in my mind with idiots who frustrate me. For the third night running my dreams are going to be indistinguishable from my days, which is a bit disorientating. Thankfully in my days, humans listen to me more than the ones my mind makes up in my dreams. I blame QOL.

I rarely remember dreams, but I had one the other day that scared me. I was on a bus and a 'character' sat next to me and just stared at me. I couldn't get out of the seat, I was trapped and he just looked that stare. Hmm...I guess that means that I am trapped in real life and who knows, that might be right.

Still, young El, you belong here, you are QOL, well apart from me of course, I'm very famous now. :P

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Elessar » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:45 am

Last edited by Elessar on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elessar

Postby AutumnGirlLybbie » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:49 am

Elessar wrote:
Meanwhile I can't sleep because I'm having hypothetical arguments in my mind with idiots who frustrate me.

Just wait until you experience the feeling of realizing you might have had the idiots a bit wrong. Sometimes when we have these hypothetical arguments in our minds with other people, we tend to make these people stupider, and stupider as we keep running through it.

AutumnGirlLybbie

Postby Elessar » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:51 am

Last edited by Elessar on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elessar

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World