Peaches Geldof

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

Re: Peaches Geldof

Postby play it cool » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:16 pm

I don't know why there's not a rolling generic RIP thread so the serial condolence messengers have somewhere to go rather than single and usually short-lived threads as at present - the way the news threads are over at NOTW.
 
play it cool
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 901
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:56 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Peaches Geldof

Postby Montavilla » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:02 pm

play it cool wrote:I don't know why there's not a rolling generic RIP thread so the serial condolence messengers have somewhere to go rather than single and usually short-lived threads as at present - the way the news threads are over at NOTW.


That seems like a very sensible idea.
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy
 
Montavilla
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 2005
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:06 pm
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 509 times
Been thanked: 281 times

Re: Peaches Geldof

Postby Tarkus » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:15 am

It does, that. I'll start one up, and all future departures can be announced/remembered/criticised on there. I'll leave it here, as most of those announced are showbiz people, and anyone else can be announced on the news thread in ITTWWC.
 
Tarkus
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: Peaches Geldof

Postby Elessar » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:16 am

Complete with 'QOL' and 'thread' in the title and a fucking full stop at the end. It's like all my Christmasses have come at once and they're all shit.
 
Elessar
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: Peaches Geldof

Postby Tarkus » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:33 am

Unwrap and enjoy. :P
 
Tarkus
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: Peaches Geldof

Postby Elessar » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:51 pm

Fuuuuck. I'm shocked. Maybe the real shock is that I was naive enough to think that the ostensible image of someone who had turned a corner was largely false.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-04- ... -overdose/

I can understand an alcoholic relapsing after years of sobriety. But how do you relapse on heroin? You have to find a dealer (easy if you're famous I guess), meet them, get the drugs, and then go about preparing and injecting it. So many opportunities to back out. Poor girl.
Last edited by Elessar on Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Elessar
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: Peaches Geldof

Postby JLP » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:56 pm

Elessar wrote:Fuuuuck. I'm shocked. Maybe the real shock is that I was naive enough to think that the ostensible image of someone who had turned a corner was largely false.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-04- ... -overdose/


when she died, sadly it was the first thing that crossed my mind. I am a cynical old fucker though these days.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11458
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 424 times

Re: Peaches Geldof

Postby Elessar » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:57 pm

JLP wrote:
Elessar wrote:Fuuuuck. I'm shocked. Maybe the real shock is that I was naive enough to think that the ostensible image of someone who had turned a corner was largely false.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-04- ... -overdose/


when she died, sadly it was the first thing that crossed my mind. I am a cynical old fucker though these days.


Well so did I, but then I saw all the coverage about how she'd got married, had kids and turned her life around. The interview she did on This Morning in particular gave the impression of someone who had put those days behind her. How desperately sad.
 
Elessar
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: Peaches Geldof

Postby JLP » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:01 pm

Elessar wrote:
JLP wrote:
Elessar wrote:Fuuuuck. I'm shocked. Maybe the real shock is that I was naive enough to think that the ostensible image of someone who had turned a corner was largely false.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-04- ... -overdose/


when she died, sadly it was the first thing that crossed my mind. I am a cynical old fucker though these days.


Well so did I, but then I saw all the coverage about how she'd got married, had kids and turned her life around. The interview she did on This Morning in particular gave the impression of someone who had put those days behind her. How desperately sad.


once an addict? Trust me how badly i know that to be true.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11458
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 424 times

Re: Peaches Geldof

Postby Elessar » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:06 pm

JLP wrote:
Elessar wrote:
JLP wrote:
when she died, sadly it was the first thing that crossed my mind. I am a cynical old fucker though these days.


Well so did I, but then I saw all the coverage about how she'd got married, had kids and turned her life around. The interview she did on This Morning in particular gave the impression of someone who had put those days behind her. How desperately sad.


once an addict? Trust me how badly i know that to be true.


I know, but like I said (I edited my first post, you might not have seen), relapsing to heroin is surely far harder than relapsing to alcohol, especially if you live out in the countryside. So many opportunities to reconsider. She must have really been struggling.
 
Elessar
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: Peaches Geldof

Postby JLP » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:13 pm

Elessar wrote:
JLP wrote:
once an addict? Trust me how badly i know that to be true.


I know, but like I said (I edited my first post, you might not have seen), relapsing to heroin is surely far harder than relapsing to alcohol, especially if you live out in the countryside. So many opportunities to reconsider. She must have really been struggling.


I didn't see it and I really have said too much already. I agree though, relapsing to heroin is more difficult due to the relative availability of said drugs.

Like any death of a young mother with children, it is so tragic.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11458
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 424 times

Re: Peaches Geldof

Postby icy » Thu May 01, 2014 7:31 am

It really is ironic I became aware of her more when it was in the news she had turned her life around.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16722
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: . Don't forget to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 270 times
Been thanked: 592 times

Re: Peaches Geldof

Postby Cool Cat » Thu May 01, 2014 2:37 pm

I don't feel sorry for her at all after this latest news, like its been said she must have had many opportunities to back out, but didn't, and now her kids must grow up without their mother. :-( what a sad, sorry incident.
Oooh, you're a Cool Cat , Coming on strong with all the chit chat
 
Cool Cat
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

See Me In The Shadows

      
 
Posts: 4567
Images: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:10 am
Location: Robin Hood Country
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Peaches Geldof

Postby icy » Thu May 01, 2014 6:26 pm

I still feel sorry for her, but I feel sorrier for her kids. I was hoping that she turned her life around. I admit I know very little about the type of addiction she had. I can't help but wonder if she hid it well, or what, because in her last couple of years, she seemed happier IMO.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16722
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: . Don't forget to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 270 times
Been thanked: 592 times

Re: Peaches Geldof

Postby Cool Cat » Fri May 02, 2014 4:39 pm

The Police now say that because heroin was involved in her death they will open it up as a criminal investigation and try and find who supplied the drug :roll: i wonder if thats what they do every time a junkie is found lying dead in the gutter ? i'd guess not, a junkies death doesn't often make national news :?
Oooh, you're a Cool Cat , Coming on strong with all the chit chat
 
Cool Cat
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

See Me In The Shadows

      
 
Posts: 4567
Images: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:10 am
Location: Robin Hood Country
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 29 times

PreviousNext

Return to Another World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest