I am tired of my country's obsession with guns

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: I am tired of my country's obsession with guns

Postby Innuendoes » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:26 am

AlexKx wrote:So with that said since it does not really seem to strike any interest of the citizens here in the U.S. at least in taking up arms against this government those in the government can probably just continue doing whatever is their hearts delight. There obviously is not anyone to stop them from doing so. AND they obviously still have a large amount of the citizenry who will continue to clap like seals for them no matter what!

Well, on this part of your post, I disagree because I know quite a lot of people who are armed and ready to do just that if necessary. No one is going to take everyone's guns away but they may limit the type being taken or the type the government tries to take. Ain't gonna happen, though. Those that have those guns are not giving them up.

This is a whole other ballgame than the rouge shooters and stabbers who go psycho and shoot up malls and schools. These people I speak of are, yes, survivalists, and they are ready. 1000s of them. Probably millions of them. Many keep low profiles, off the grid. 8-)

You're so right about "them" clapping like seals, though. Blind ones, at that. And regarding these millions of refugees being brought into this country, we had better wake up now because those in power at this time want to bring another 250000 of them here, we had better stand up and take a stand against it - or be converted to their way of life.

We've got free food, free housing, free health care, free dental care, here - unless "you" are an American Citizen. Time to put a stop to that!

Innuendoes

Postby Kes » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:05 am

On paper, it seems it's far easier to look after, provide for, and manage 20,000 people you don't know, than it is the 320 million people already in the system that you DO know.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby JLP » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:44 pm

Innuendoes wrote:
AlexKx wrote:So with that said since it does not really seem to strike any interest of the citizens here in the U.S. at least in taking up arms against this government those in the government can probably just continue doing whatever is their hearts delight. There obviously is not anyone to stop them from doing so. AND they obviously still have a large amount of the citizenry who will continue to clap like seals for them no matter what!

Well, on this part of your post, I disagree because I know quite a lot of people who are armed and ready to do just that if necessary. No one is going to take everyone's guns away but they may limit the type being taken or the type the government tries to take. Ain't gonna happen, though. Those that have those guns are not giving them up.

This is a whole other ballgame than the rouge shooters and stabbers who go psycho and shoot up malls and schools. These people I speak of are, yes, survivalists, and they are ready. 1000s of them. Probably millions of them. Many keep low profiles, off the grid. 8-)

You're so right about "them" clapping like seals, though. Blind ones, at that. And regarding these millions of refugees being brought into this country, we had better wake up now because those in power at this time want to bring another 250000 of them here, we had better stand up and take a stand against it - or be converted to their way of life.

We've got free food, free housing, free health care, free dental care, here - unless "you" are an American Citizen. Time to put a stop to that!

What a f*cking pity your country didn't stop immigration in the 1700s. The Indian tribes might still have lives worth living. The land of the free my arse.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby JLP » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:54 pm

They even brought a neon sign
Saying Jesus is coming
Brought the white man's burden down.
Brought the white man's reign.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby AlexKx » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:51 pm

Wow! You have to reach back quite a bit for you to be so mad and angry! There is not any hate or hostility CURRENTLY going on with you, right? On that next note please find me the pure and innocent society and civilization that did not have rough beginnings in its early history. Mr. Know It All (but doesn't). Ready to pull his dick out and spray on anyone because he "figured something out that no one else did". Oops. Did I post that?...

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby Kes » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:19 pm

No, not necessarily, I think it's an understandable reaction.

Your country is quick to assess the utter tragedy of gun related massacres, yet equally quick to defend the people's right to own the weapons that enable them.

You can say that people can kill other people with a wooden club, but they wouldn't get far going round a busy shopping mall beating people's brains out before somebody picked up a shop dummy or a fire extinguisher, and tried to stop them.

Although people are the inherent problem, you can't do away with people. You CAN do away with the things that enable them to commit mass murder. It's completely your nation's choice which they prefer. The right to own guns, or the right to read about another twenty plus people gunned down doing their normal day to day business.

You'll get a flippant response because it doesn't happen quite as often in other "civilised" countries, where they've made the connection, and made the sensible choice. Still, as I said, it's a problem you'll pass on to your next generation, and maybe the one after that, and on and on and on, until somebody does something about it.

In saying "guns are cool", alexxxx, you are not showing you're part of the solution, you're showing you're part of the problem. A problem that thankfully is a remote one for me.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby julymorning » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:48 pm

AlexKx wrote:ACTUALLY this government is waaaaaaay into debt beyond comprehension. What's it twelve trillion? Shucks I loose count. With THAT said this government should probably be stripped of its ability to spend a penny more AND throw these people into jail forever.

With that said I was not at that moment of the other posts pointing to this current administration in terms of collecting everyone's guns BUT it should be noticed that not only is it an over reaching government there ARE people in this administration who have straight out said how Mao and Stalin are their fucking HEROS! I'd ring a bell to let everyone know but...ahem...I can't find a bell...

But yeah, this current U.S. government (and yes I support government...a limited one) is apparently far more over reaching than any other U.S. government before in terms of the amount of laws and power it grabs from its citizens! So with that said since it does not really seem to strike any interest of the citizens here in the U.S. at least in taking up arms against this government those in the government can probably just continue doing whatever is their hearts delight. There obviously is not anyone to stop them from doing so. AND they obviously still have a large amount of the citizenry who will continue to clap like seals for them no matter what!

You can eliminate me from the seal clapping thing. :mad: I pay whatever taxes are required of me, I make every effort to obey the laws, but I did NOT put this administration in office, nor do I have anything whatsoever to do with politics. I simply go back to the original supposition that the more firepower we keep around our homes, the more will be used to hurt and kill (relatively) innocent people. Fine, you're more concerned about your ass. And you're willing to sacrifice a shitload of others, because "then end justifies the mean's". And I mean "you" collectively.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby JLP » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:03 pm

julymorning wrote:
AlexKx wrote:ACTUALLY this government is waaaaaaay into debt beyond comprehension. What's it twelve trillion? Shucks I loose count. With THAT said this government should probably be stripped of its ability to spend a penny more AND throw these people into jail forever.

With that said I was not at that moment of the other posts pointing to this current administration in terms of collecting everyone's guns BUT it should be noticed that not only is it an over reaching government there ARE people in this administration who have straight out said how Mao and Stalin are their fucking HEROS! I'd ring a bell to let everyone know but...ahem...I can't find a bell...

But yeah, this current U.S. government (and yes I support government...a limited one) is apparently far more over reaching than any other U.S. government before in terms of the amount of laws and power it grabs from its citizens! So with that said since it does not really seem to strike any interest of the citizens here in the U.S. at least in taking up arms against this government those in the government can probably just continue doing whatever is their hearts delight. There obviously is not anyone to stop them from doing so. AND they obviously still have a large amount of the citizenry who will continue to clap like seals for them no matter what!

You can eliminate me from the seal clapping thing. :mad: I pay whatever taxes are required of me, I make every effort to obey the laws, but I did NOT put this administration in office, nor do I have anything whatsoever to do with politics. I simply go back to the original supposition that the more firepower we keep around our homes, the more will be used to hurt and kill (relatively) innocent people. Fine, you're more concerned about your ass. And you're willing to sacrifice a shitload of others, because "then end justifies the mean's". And I mean "you" collectively.

they don't like a black man being in charge. They like a black man to polish their shoes and wash their dishes and cut their corn. :shock:
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby julymorning » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:36 pm

Makes no difference to me what color they are. I gave up voting when Reagan got reelected. I thought he was an ass.

Sometimes I feel so ignorant of people actually having strong feelings about color.

I posted a psychedelic video set to the song The Time Will Come Today by the Chambers Brothers. We were discussing epic long songs from the era of Salisbury, etc.
The Texas friend whose fb page I posted it on replied "niggah.....I'm not racist or anything but..."
To which I replied, really surprised, "I can remove it if you prefer". "There is one white guy in that group".
He said "Touche'" whatever the heck that was supposed to mean.

I removed it and nothing more was said.
It just saddens me that the color of a man's skin has anything to do with his achievements. Or anything else, for that matter.

I cannot now, or ever again, think as fondly of that internet friend, who is also a musician, by the way, and we've been 'friends' for about 8 years.
Last edited by julymorning on Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby Kes » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:15 pm

I grew up with two cousins of mixed race, something that was very rare in this country then, so ever since I can remember, I've been happy with the concept that people are just people, no matter what their colour.

Attitudes towards the colour of someone's skin however, do vary. There's places in my own country where I wouldn't dare to tread, at certain times, knowing full well my colour (or lack of it), would make me a tasty target.

I'll never forget the first time I went out to the Caribbean. Despite knowing MANY black people in England, I was surprised when I actually met people who didn't seem to carry preconceptions about how a white person saw them. At that point I realised that "most" of the people I'd previously met, back in England, either had their own problem about being black, or some sort of problem about me being white.

I guess ai should add, one of my best friends when I was in the Air Force was a black guy. Seriously, we had, and still have one of the best sort of friendships you can have in this world, complete respect and trust for each other.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby julymorning » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:13 pm

It would be wonderful to be in a place where no one had any (negative) preconceptions of anyone else, under any circumstances.
Brothers In Arms has real meaning to you, huh Kes?

As for the self protection, fear of other people, I have all I can handle being afraid of what my health is doing to me, if I had to add any worry about needing to protect myself enough that I should be prepared to kill someone with a gun-take another person's life, I'd just hang it up now.

I mean, there's enough crap going on that threatens my pursuit of life, liberty and happiness without inventing possibilities from the human front.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby Innuendoes » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:04 am

JLP wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:

What a f*cking pity your country didn't stop immigration in the 1700s. The Indian tribes might still have lives worth living. The land of the free my arse.

This remark about stopping immigration in the 1700s so the Native Americans could have a life, is a bit (lot) much! 1st, don't forget where our founding fathers came from in the first place. Europe! And while we are on the topic of Native Americans, I have a very dear good friend who is Native. He's a Civil Engineer who is the head engineer in charge of running an entire City the size of London. Show me where he was held back and held down. Another owns her own business and has done very well for the past 30 years. And I have Native heritage, myself. It's very far back but I have it and I am damn proud of it. Too bad the whites and Hispanics from Europe screwed over all the Native Americans by breaking treaties, left and right and finally killing Chief Cornstalk's entire family, thereby setting off the Revolution. Those white men were probably in Lord Dunmore's brigades. It was a man named DeWitt who started the murdering of innocent Native Americans, namely Shawnee. It was after that murdering SOB killed Chief Cornstalk's family that the The Battle of Point Pleasant occurred and set off the Revolution.

Innuendoes

Postby Innuendoes » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:21 am

For those of you who are not aware of it, there are plenty of black people who do not like Obama, at all, period. Many even hate him. He hasn't done what he said he would do for them for one thing and he hasn't helped matters in this country, either, plus he's a race baiter and a lot of people over here see that, no matter what their color.

The borders have been opened to let all the illegal aliens in that want to come, apparently - especially the Mexicans. And there are many middle easterners sneaking through the border, pretending to be Mexicans so they can get in for free. Now that's changing as well as they are going to be let in as too. Everything for free!! To hell with our senior citizens, the Social Security and Medicare that was taken from their paychecks, their entire working lives, and to hell with our veterans as well. Cause you know, those illegal aliens deserve it more. [/sarcasm] We can just go die so they can be taken care of with our money that was rightfully ours and we expected to get it back once we retired. Same for the veterans.

While I love Mexican people, the ones I am speaking of that are not good for this country are the repeat criminal offenders such as murderers, violent people., etc. Just recently, a man was let into this country who has murdered every time he gets in here, he's deported, then comes right back and murders someone, again... Why is this ok with everyone? It certainly isn't ok with me or others who think the way I do. These people being allowed into our country from anywhere, should be legal aliens, not illegal and they sure as hell should be screened for past criminal activity before being allowed to come in here.

And my grandmother's maiden name was Hull. I come from a long line of Hulls and have the family genealogy in this country traced all the way back to the late 1600s. Hull. Remember that. BTW, my great great grandfather Hull was in the Civil War - for the North... There are 3 Hull families in this country. The last time I worked on the name was a long, long time ago. By now the 3 families may have been proven to be 3 brothers or then, again, possibly not. One of them did come from the town of Hull in England. I don't know about the others nor am I going to look it up.

Very funny about this song, Time Has Come Today, full album version. I used to take a portable LP player with me to SIU-E when I went to school there and when I kept hanging out there afterwards. Someone complained. Guess who it was? A table full of black male students who didn't want a white girl playing Chambers Brothers, singing along and having fun to that music when it was a white blues band who I hung out with, that played it at every gig.

This accusation of white people??? only wanting or liking or needing black people to shine their shoes and pick their corn is way off base. 1st of all, the majority of shoe shine boys back in the day were white!

I had my own shoes shined by a white shoe shine boy when I was a kid. I never saw any that were black but I know there were black ones as well. People needed to put food on the table and they did so by any means of job they could get or hold. I think those guys were all self employed in the first place and owned all their own equipment.

My grandfather grew his own corn and the only person who picked it, other than him and his sons was a man named Martin. Martin was a white German indiviudal who lived on the farm with my grandparents. All my grandfathers brothers and sisters grew corn and some grew tobacco as well as cotton. Guess who was out there picking the corn, cotton and tobacco? White men, not black slaves. :roll: And my grandmother's sister with her and her husband'ws farm in Oklahoma - planting and picking cotton, all day. No black people there, picking it. She had 14 kids of her own to do it.

Innuendoes

Postby AlexKx » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:39 am

Who would you allow to have guns Kes? Just Queen, politicians, and pop stars? Just your pure all knowing self? Who would you bestow this power upon? I think we agree it is strong one.

No society is going to be perfect (which I think most people don't comprehend hence one of the ways over reaching governments are able to constantly seduce the masses along with giving stuff away for "free") but there are certainly some that are better than others.

The U.S. (usually) has been one of the most if not THE most free, prosperous, and giving societies, civilization, and country in all of human history. There is nothing more civilized and well informed than that. That is not by accident or fault. It was earned, fought for, and inherited as long as it is defended now and in the future. This confounds people such as yourself who are jealous and confused how a nation so young (compared yours) has been able to do this in such as short amount of time in comparison to other countries such as England. That is because you are convinced that a centralized source of power will some how work best when evidence has only proven otherwise.

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby Tarkus » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:03 am

AlexKx wrote:Who would you allow to have guns Kes? Just Queen, politicians, and pop stars? Just your pure all knowing self? Who would you bestow this power upon? I think we agree it is strong one.

No society is going to be perfect (which I think most people don't comprehend hence one of the ways over reaching governments are able to constantly seduce the masses along with giving stuff away for "free") but there are certainly some that are better than others.

The U.S. (usually) has been one of the most if not THE most free, prosperous, and giving societies, civilization, and country in all of human history. There is nothing more civilized and well informed than that. That is not by accident or fault. It was earned, fought for, and inherited as long as it is defended now and in the future. This confounds people such as yourself who are jealous and confused how a nation so young (compared yours) has been able to do this in such as short amount of time in comparison to other countries such as England. That is because you are convinced that a centralized source of power will some how work best when evidence has only proven otherwise.

phpBB [video]

Tarkus

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World