what is racism

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: what is racism

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:16 pm

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:18 pm

JLP wrote:
Whenever someone tries to discuss this emotive subject with you, there are no accusations of racism or political correctness thrown about. The matter gets discussed, points are raised and things move on. That is the way it should be. You see their point and they see yours, even if no agreement is reached.

You have just explained how it should be on any open forum (which this clearly is not, as many of us are learning): debate, disagree, move on. But when the site admin on here accuses people of racism, instead of debating, then you really expect people to simply 'move on'? Really? No. That would not happen in the real world so why should it be allowed on here?

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby JLP » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:22 pm

I am not race obsessed. And I have not publically called anyone racist either.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:22 pm

Elessar wrote:Yup, turns out I'm still racist. Just done the test for the first time in about 8 years:

http://implicit.harvard.edu/

Here is your result:
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for European Americans over African Americans.

There's no shame in it though. The shame would be to act upon it.

But I think that is one of the big differences between you and certain other individuals. You look at a test like this and take it for gospel; therefore, you have to be a racist. Some of us do not view things that way: it does not make you wrong or us wrong - it is merely a different way of viewing things. Maybe it is a strongly scientific way of looking at the world, I do not know...I just know that I don't have much faith in all science and look through a different window.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby action » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:25 pm

Last edited by action on Sun May 07, 2017 6:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby action » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:27 pm

Last edited by action on Sun May 07, 2017 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:27 pm

JLP wrote:I am not race obsessed. And I have not publically called anyone racist either.

I would say you are. And I would also say that you only defend yourself from such an accusation when it is by someone like myself - if fairydandy (as the most obvious example recently) calls you out on it you stay strangely silent. Hmmm...

No, you are quite correct, you have not called anyone a racist on here (as far as I know); but why should you still - as site admin - have the right to accuse them of such a thing (just because of your own interpretation) in a PM then? You are still accusing someone of racism. And I am fully aware it is not just I that has had this bullshit thrown at them - there are others on here who don't even want to post anymore because they are rounded on all the time: that is not how a website like this should be.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:34 pm

JLP wrote:Maybe in our ancestors had not taken it upon themselves to colonise the rest of the world and all but destroy the people who were already there, things might be different. If we had not have taken countless tens of thousands of people to work on plantations thousands of miles away from their birth place, life would be much simpler.

Or that could just be more leftie bollocks.

Alas, that is Leftie bollocks. Not the content - not the fact that, yes, some awful things have been done in the past by many countries all around the world (we all acknowledge that); but it is bollocks because the Left always bring up things that happened in the past to justify their feelings and beliefs. It is so backward-looking, when, surely, as a human race we should all acknowledge the bad in the past but actually deal with what is happening in the world right now.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby JLP » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:43 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
JLP wrote:I am not race obsessed. And I have not publically called anyone racist either.

I would say you are. And I would also say that you only defend yourself from such an accusation when it is by someone like myself - if fairydandy (as the most obvious example recently) calls you out on it you stay strangely silent. Hmmm...

No, you are quite correct, you have not called anyone a racist on here (as far as I know); but why should you still - as site admin - have the right to accuse them of such a thing (just because of your own interpretation) in a PM then? You are still accusing someone of racism. And I am fully aware it is not just I that has had this bullshit thrown at them - there are others on here who don't even want to post anymore because they are rounded on all the time: that is not how a website like this should be.

did you actually see the exchange between the two of us around the time of the Berlin attack? If not, I suggest you have a peek
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby Ace » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:39 pm

JLP, musicarostitute and Elessar

You have now got to that stage in a debate or argument where you probably can't go any further because you have no perceived points of commonality.

It won't get resolved by further discussion. Is it time to let it go and move on. I'm sure no one here is a bad person, let's debate without the personal insult eh?

Ace
Spread Your Wings

Tired !!!!!!!!

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:44 pm

Ace wrote:JLP, musicarostitute and Elessar

You have now got to that stage in a debate or argument where you probably can't go any further because you have no perceived points of commonality.

It won't get resolved by further discussion. Is it time to let it go and move on. I'm sure no one here is a bad person, let's debate without the personal insult eh?

Totally understand where you are coming from here; but surely if things are not resolved regarding all this then they will just rear their ugly head again some other time - it will never stop. I would rather the accusers simply back their claims up, allow me to answer and then everyone can pick holes or add their twopence worth if they like - that way it is all out in the open, debated properly, and we all get a chance to air our views without resorting to bitching (and, yes, I know I bitch as much as anyone else when I believe I am right! :P ). It is at least worth a go. And then we can knock it all on the head and get back to all the other arguments on Queenonline.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby JLP » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:00 pm

action wrote:

then what would you call referring to "at least one" poster as racist?

That is an opinion I hold. However they will not be named by me, except privately. As has been done.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:01 pm

Elessar wrote:Yup, turns out I'm still racist. Just done the test for the first time in about 8 years:

Here is your result:
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for European Americans over African Americans.

It said I have a slight preference for African Americans. Didn't expect that, I gotta say.

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby JLP » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:14 pm

Not going to register. Cannot be doing with more useless e mails.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:27 am

Here is your result:

What does this mean?

Your data suggest a weak positive automatic attitude toward Niffites.
Cause you are beautiful
Your scars are beautiful, like the Jade
You'll still shine when you sink into the sea
Where the bleeding scarlet jealousy
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

The Master Of Space And Time

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World