The EU Referendum

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Should we leave the EU?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:12 pm

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes : 18

Re: The EU Referendum

Postby Elessar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:47 pm

Did anyone see the post the other day by 'archmagician', who registered in mid-2015 and then posted for the first time last week to bemoan the pathetic and weak PC brigade?

Anyone got any theories about who that was?

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:15 pm

Elessar wrote:It's a strange defence that your accuser surely can't have had enough life experience. Do you think JLP has had inadequate life experience as well? Do you think that 67 year old Jeremy Corbyn has inadequate life experience? Or have you got the impression that I might be younger than you (no more than about 10 years, incidentally), and have therefore decided that a nice dose of ageism might help your cause? Or is your criteria for maturity and adequate life experience complete agreement with all your views?

It seems to me that you've started from the baseline that 'Leftie students' are definitely wrong, and so anyone who reminds you of them must also be wrong and/or must be a fellow Leftie student.

You speak of struggling in life as though that's a requirement for holding an option. I'm sure British people vary in the degree to which they have or haven't struggled, but very few will have struggled in the way that a man who puts his family onto a rubber boat and sails across treacherous seas to flee a war zone have. It's peculiar that those who empathise with them the most are the ones that you would accuse of having no real life experience.

You've unilaterally decided that your many assumptions are harmless and my accusation is serious. That's up to you, but it doesn't go unnoticed and become fact simply because you've said it.

PS As for your Guardian post, the explanation is quite simple and rather boring. It essentially took around 15 seconds.

Please stop deflecting. I am not talking about JLP, I am not talking about that little rat Corbyn: I am talking about you only. I explained why I think you lack life experience in my previous, relevant post - if you cannot comprehend that then that is your fault. And, no, I was not being ageist :roll: - but, again, such a thought would only occur to someone like you.

Nah, I do not think that every leftie student is wrong. I just think that many of them - the ones I have had the misfortune to meet/debate with - are, among other things, pretentious little twerps (not saying you are a pretentious twerp, btw...before you go off on one again), lack life experience, are highly sensitive and throw their toys out of their prams when they cannot win an argument. Are they ALWAYS wrong? I would not know, as, thankfully, I have not met them all.

Yeah, very few Brits would have struggled in the same way as your example stated. But, enough Brits have struggled - and do struggle today - in other ways: newsflash! Life struggles do not always have to relate to refugees...but, you are obsessed so, hey ho...

As for your biased (you, never!) statement that those who empathise the most with individuals from war torn countries, for example, are all lefties is ridiculous. Just because some of us do not buy into the hypocritical bullshit of the Left does not mean we do not empathise with those who suffer around the world - again, the arrogance of you people is quite shocking...but very laughable.

Soz, fella, if my assumptions of you have made you a bit sensitive. I mean, I only said that I think you need to get out more and see the real world and that you lack life experience, etc. Hardly accusations that hold the same weight as the one of racism...but, carry on...

The explanation concerning my Guardian post is rather boring and simple? Come on, share with the class. I am guessing you just Googled for '15 seconds'; but the time taken or the route chosen does not bother me - the fact you did it does.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:27 pm

Elessar wrote:Did anyone see the post the other day by 'archmagician', who registered in mid-2015 and then posted for the first time last week to bemoan the pathetic and weak PC brigade?

Anyone got any theories about who that was?

I don't think most people give a shit. You obviously take all this stuff on here very seriously indeed - it really does mean something to you, doesn't it?

Go on, Columbo, crack the case! See if your detective work reveals anything...

...I, for one, am waiting with baited breath. Gawd, it is so exciting on here, ain't it? So, get your notebook out, your thinking cap on and sock it to 'em, kid! Make sure you come back and tell us all what you discover - we can't wait! :)

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Elessar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:33 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:Please stop deflecting. I am not talking about JLP, I am not talking about that little rat Corbyn: I am talking about you only. I explained why I think you lack life experience in my previous, relevant post - if you cannot comprehend that then that is your fault. And, no, I was not being ageist :roll: - but, again, such a thought would only occur to someone like you.

You've made comments about me not having left school and not having life experience, but that's not ageism? Okay.

musicalprostitute wrote:Nah, I do not think that every leftie student is wrong. I just think that many of them - the ones I have had the misfortune to meet/debate with - are, among other things, pretentious little twerps (not saying you are a pretentious twerp, btw...before you go off on one again), lack life experience, are highly sensitive and throw their toys out of their prams when they cannot win an argument. Are they ALWAYS wrong? I would not know, as, thankfully, I have not met them all.

How do you define life experience? Do you have some criteria?

musicalprostitute wrote:Just because some of us do not buy into the hypocritical bullshit of the Left does not mean we do not empathise with those who suffer around the world - again, the arrogance of you people is quite shocking...but very laughable.

Well, you believe that because of their upbringing, they should not be allowed into the UK. I would say that this shows a completed inability to empathise with them. You're unable to empathise with the fact that they were brought up in a conservative society, have had conservative values indoctrinated from a young age, but want a better life. To you, the minutiae of those conservative values are enough to nullify everything else. They might be on a rubbber dinghy begging for help, but they were told from a young age that homosexuality is a sin and they haven't shaken off that opinion yet, so get them back on the boat.

musicalprostitute wrote:Soz, fella, if my assumptions of you have made you a bit sensitive. I mean, I only said that I think you need to get out more and see the real world and that you lack life experience, etc. Hardly accusations that hold the same weight as the one of racism...but, carry on...

I'm not sensitive at all, I just find it peculiar that you think you are in a position where you can state, without evidence (and you like evidence, apparently) that I need to get out more and see the real world. I don't know what your evidence is that I don't get out, and haven't seen the real world. I'm very happy with the amount of life experience I have had thusfar and am very grateful for it. I have no idea what your level of life experience is and I wouldn't like to speculate or make assumptions about it, but I would be surprised if it is significantly greater than mine.

musicalprostitute wrote:The explanation concerning my Guardian post is rather boring and simple? Come on, share with the class. I am guessing you just Googled for '15 seconds'; but the time taken or the route chosen does not bother me - the fact you did it does.

I just wanted to see how long you'd been on the board for (and if you'd always been this way or if, I don't know, you got mugged by a Pakistani or something) so I searched your username on the old board. There's a search box in the top right corner that's linked to Google. It brought up the Google hits.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:40 pm

Elessar wrote:
Well, you believe that because of their upbringing, they should not be allowed into the UK. I would say that this shows a completed inability to empathise with them.

OK. You got me. Fair and square. This is the first thing you have stated about me that I totally agree with. Yep, I have absolutely no empathy for those who wish to hang gay men or stone women to death. My bad. Carry on...

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:44 pm

Elessar wrote:
I just wanted to see how long you'd been on the board for (and if you'd always been this way or if, I don't know, you got mugged by a Pakistani or something) so I searched your username on the old board. There's a search box in the top right corner that's linked to Google. It brought up the Google hits.

Again, the fact that you even did this worries me. I mean, it is probably normal behaviour for you, but I find it a bit...well...desperate and OTT; and as a grown man with much life experience, etc. I just find the whole thing a wee bit pathetic - but each to their own, old bean.

As for your cheap Pakistani shot at me? You are the only one who repeatedly brings up colour, race, nationality - I certainly do not. You are obsessed. Just try to see us all as one big human race for once. :roll:

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Elessar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:51 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:
Well, you believe that because of their upbringing, they should not be allowed into the UK. I would say that this shows a completed inability to empathise with them.

OK. You got me. Fair and square. This is the first thing you have stated about me that I totally agree with. Yep, I have absolutely no empathy for those who wish to hang gay men or stone women to death. My bad. Carry on...

If you had been born in Tehran, there is an excellent chance that you would also be in favour of stoning homosexuals. Maybe you wouldn't be, maybe you'd have been one of the few who were able to rise above what all of society was telling you, but in all likelihood you wouldn't have been.

One of the main reasons why you hold the views that you have is because you were born in the UK (I assume you were), raised in the UK, educated in the UK. Similarly if you were born in the UK in the 1930s, chances are you would have supported the laws against homosexuality. Again, you might not have done, but many people did, and they weren't bad people.

And that is why I think it is racism. You want to discriminate against people because of views which they hold because of where they were born.
Last edited by Elessar on Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Elessar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:52 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:

Again, the fact that you even did this worries me. I mean, it is probably normal behaviour for you, but I find it a bit...well...desperate and OTT; and as a grown man with much life experience, etc. I just find the whole thing a wee bit pathetic - but each to their own, old bean.

As for your cheap Pakistani shot at me? You are the only one who repeatedly brings up colour, race, nationality - I certainly do not. You are obsessed. Just try to see us all as one big human race for once. :roll:

You've been asking me to quote you for days now. Would you like me to look at your old posts or not?

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby JLP » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:53 pm

Look guys, if you want to carry on this back and forth nonsense would it be possible to do it privately.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:56 pm

Elessar wrote:.

And that is why I think it is racism. You want to discriminate against people because of views which they hold because of where they were born.

So explain my equal disgust towards the converts then? I was under the mistaken belief that they could be born in any country...but you, Columbo, obviously know better than the rest of us.

Carry on...

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Elessar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:56 pm

JLP wrote:Look guys, if you want to carry on this back and forth nonsense would it be possible to do it privately.

If you think that my attempts to protect this board are nonsense then by all means, I'll stop.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Elessar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:57 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:.

So explain my equal disgust towards the converts then? I was under the mistaken belief that they could be born in any country...but you, Columbo, obviously know better than the rest of us.

Carry on...

Converts are fucking maniacs. You shouldn't have equal disgust towards them, your disgust should be significantly greater.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:01 pm

JLP wrote:Look guys, if you want to carry on this back and forth nonsense would it be possible to do it privately.

I think we have both said all we need to say on the matter here now anyway. My last post is my last word on the matter as long as he leaves off now.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby WeeMann » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:01 pm

Elessar wrote:

If you think that my attempts to protect this board are nonsense then by all means, I'll stop.

No, but this is getting very boring now and we're ready to lock down this and any other thread it pops up in.

I think you all know the next step if it rears up again after that.
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby action » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:02 pm

Last edited by action on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

action
Don't Stop Me Now

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World