Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

Postby CNB » Mon May 14, 2018 5:01 pm

Hmmm, I wonder what Dr. May is up to .....

http://www.instagram.com/p/Biw-_ERBwle/ ... tter_share
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

Postby sharon20 » Mon May 14, 2018 5:19 pm

CNB wrote:Hmmm, I wonder what Dr. May is up to .....

http://www.instagram.com/p/Biw-_ERBwle/ ... tter_share


Hmmm interesting!!
 
sharon20
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:44 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

Postby CNB » Sat May 19, 2018 2:43 am

IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

Postby slightlymad1970 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:19 am

CNB wrote:http://www.ticketmaster.com/new/venue/376930?attractionId=1971833&

I have to say having followed the link CNB posted the ticket sales so far are dreadful. The ticketmaster link allows you to see what is sold and almost all of the shows are less than 50% sold with some at about 25%. Not sure how this 'residency' will do in the end but so far it's struggling. I wonder what promotion they have in mind, I really hope sales pick up but we should get boxscore figures for these shows as most Las Vegas shows get reported. :-(
 
slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:53 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

Postby sharon20 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:37 am

slightlymad1970 wrote:
CNB wrote:http://www.ticketmaster.com/new/venue/376930?attractionId=1971833&

I have to say having followed the link CNB posted the ticket sales so far are dreadful. The ticketmaster link allows you to see what is sold and almost all of the shows are less than 50% sold with some at about 25%. Not sure how this 'residency' will do in the end but so far it's struggling. I wonder what promotion they have in mind, I really hope sales pick up but we should get boxscore figures for these shows as most Las Vegas shows get reported. :-(


I would have thought people going on holiday to vegas may not have picked what shows they are seeing yet, or even have booked their holiday yet and may even decide after getting there. A residency isn't like a normal show where you have to plan in advance for one night. At least that's my take on it.
 
sharon20
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:44 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

Postby CNB » Sat May 19, 2018 11:51 pm

Adam thinks they will experiment a little more in Vegas:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/queens ... -bit-more/
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

Postby icy » Sat May 19, 2018 11:59 pm

CNB wrote:Adam thinks they will experiment a little more in Vegas:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/queens ... -bit-more/

That whole interview has been posted in the AL thread. Blabbermouth got the info from there.
Time will tell if they experiment a little more. I would not count on it for a 10 date run. I guess there might be a glimmer of hope with the upcoming shows before the Vegas dates
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16533
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 564 times

Re: Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

Postby CNB » Sun May 20, 2018 2:31 am

Here’s hoping they at least bring back It’s Late and Spread Your Wings because they did a really nice job on those two songs last summer!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

Postby icy » Sun May 20, 2018 5:20 am

CNB wrote:Here’s hoping they at least bring back It’s Late and Spread Your Wings because they did a really nice job on those two songs last summer!

I'm not expecting those two songs to come back.
No Frank this time around apparently. I'm happy about that ;)
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16533
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 564 times

Re: Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

Postby BitterTears » Sun May 20, 2018 9:34 am

If anything, I think the setlist will get even safer.
 
BitterTears
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:38 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

Postby icy » Sun May 20, 2018 9:42 am

BitterTears wrote:If anything, I think the setlist will get even safer.

With you on that, especially considering how little they rehearse.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16533
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 564 times

Re: Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

Postby CNB » Sun May 20, 2018 11:32 am

I hope they still use Frank in the Europe/UK shows this summer. He is very impressive in the opening number and for Brian’s solo. Maybe they’ll bring back those two NOTW songs there, too!

What they do in Vegas is still TBD!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

Postby Nicki79 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:41 am

I‘m sure, they will use Frank in the upcoming European tour. It‘s just the continuation of the „winter-tour“, meaning they play cities, that they could not fit in on their last European leg (apart from the UK).

In Vegas they have a smaller stage. I guess, they won‘t use the upper, round screen. This way they wouldn’t have the fantastical opening with Frank smashing the wall. Or Brian playing his solo, lifted in the air and standing in the hand of that robot. Ergo: No Frank for Killer Queen, because that wouldn’t make sense for the casual concert goer. („WTF is that robot-head doing there?“ :lol: ).
 
Nicki79
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 673
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Berlin, GER
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

Postby CNB » Sun May 20, 2018 3:44 pm

Nicki79 wrote:I‘m sure, they will use Frank in the upcoming European tour. It‘s just the continuation of the „winter-tour“, meaning they play cities, that they could not fit in on their last European leg (apart from the UK).

In Vegas they have a smaller stage. I guess, they won‘t use the upper, round screen. This way they wouldn’t have the fantastical opening with Frank smashing the wall. Or Brian playing his solo, lifted in the air and standing in the hand of that robot. Ergo: No Frank for Killer Queen, because that wouldn’t make sense for the casual concert goer. („WTF is that robot-head doing there?“ :lol: ).


This article says the Park Theater stage is bigger than Radio City Music Hall so it might be able to accommodate “Frank” .....

http://www.thrillist.com/amphtml/entert ... usic-venue
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: Q+AL: "The Crown Jewels" Las Vegas - Sept.2018

Postby Nicki79 » Sun May 20, 2018 5:43 pm

CNB wrote:
This article says the Park Theater stage is bigger than Radio City Music Hall so it might be able to accommodate “Frank” .....

http://www.thrillist.com/amphtml/entert ... usic-venue

I don’t think, that room is high enough to accommodate the big round screen. It usually hangs high above the stage. When they move it up in that space, the upper seats can’t see the stage... No, I don’t think that will fit.
And that screen isn’t necessary in such a venue. One screen on the stage should be enough.

And even, if it would fit: Change isn’t too bad. Frank has accompanied them for about a year now as a tribute to 40 years of NOTW. That was last year. So: Off to new ideas!
 
Nicki79
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 673
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Berlin, GER
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 57 times

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests