Make a rough script for a sequel

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Make a rough script for a sequel

Postby Another_Roger » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:07 am

I know that many of you think that a sequel is out of the question. Maybe you are right, but I believe there is a slight chance that it will happen. I also believe that he can be a lot better quality wise. And in all honestly that doesnt take much!

What I want in this thread is you to submit your suggestion for a script (very rough of course).

Good luck! :)

Another_Roger
The Show Must Go On

Re: Make a rough script for a sequel

Postby Another_Roger » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:08 am

With the enormous box office success of BR I think Fox/Disney will at least approach Queen about a sequel. They can do a lot better second time around.
Probably not in the box office, but quality wise.

I believe its possible to make a Bohemian Rhapsody 2 in a tasteful way without showing Freddie die or suffer too much on the screen. It should be an inspirational movie showing the world
a man who made the best out of the days he had left. With great courage he continued working, and created some moments in studio people will never forget. The movie
has to touch upon his health. But we shall not see him suffer etc. I want to see how the band stood together to hide his secret, and how they lied to protect him
towards the end. Some thinks this movie will be a lot darker than the first. On the contrary I think it could be a lot lighter because the band were such a unit in this
period. Them against the press. They really pulled together.

- I want the movie to focus on events from 1985-1991 (no surprise there). The short time period is a great benefit compared to the first movie. With this short time
span there will be much more room for character building and telling a proper story. Lets face it. BR1 was a mess because they tried to cover too much ground. The movie
could never breathe.

- The movie starts at live aid with Queen doing We Will Rock you which was not included in BR. I think this can kick-start the movie in spectacular fashion
with a song everyone knows.

- As I already mentioned I want more character building. Show Freddie Mercury as the peacemaker and creative force that he actually was. He looked for solutions. Show how he took
Roger Taylors song A kind of Magic and made it into a big hit in Europe. Show how the different parts of Queen worked together to max the potential in each song. The sum
of the parts were bigger then each part alone. I think it could be fun to see them work with One Vision in the studio.

- Queen in the movies. Highlander was a movie with great success. It is rated highly by many and the music is sublime.

- The Magic Tour was a huge success and in my opinion both the Wembley and Knebworth show were bigger than Live aid in some respects. Alright, those concerts were not
broadcasted to the whole world. But the main audience were Queen fans. The Knebworth show is special because its the final one, and one of their biggest. We have the situation with John Deacon
getting pissed and throwing his bass into the amp. Freddie also said that he can never tour again (something he often said according to Brian).

- Freddie shaving his moustache represents a big change in life style and focus.

- Now we are getting into a less busy period for Queen. I want the movie to focus on Freddies relationship with Monsterrat Caballe. How it came about, and how nervous
Freddie was when they met for the first time. Show how considerate Freddie was towards her. ( you can not kiss me etc. Him telling about his secret) This is a great
chance to show different sides of his personality. They should definitely show one of the performances they lip synched. And don't lie, its a great way to show how he got
physically weaker without actually getting in too close.

- Freddie starts to change a bit in appearance and the media starts to speculate about his health. Brian, Roger and John do the best they can to hide the fact that he is
getting worse. I think the media chasing Freddie would make some good drama. It is heartbreaking, but I think this has to be included. Show how ruthless, thoughtless and
heartless journalists can be in their hunt for sensation. Scandal is obviously a song that could be used here.

- Songs like The Miracle, I want it All, Breakthru, Was it all worth it are all contenders makings it to the movie.

- At this point the movie should portray how brave he was in studio as he was detirmined to keep on working. Show how he was not after sympathy at all. I am quoting
Brian: "Not once I heard him complain. Never ever ever. He was such a strong man". The Show must go on, and Innuendo are musts at this point.

- I also want to see how Freddie found his peace in Montreux. Mother Love and A Winters tale are obviously songs that should be considered here.

- The end of the movie. There are so many ways to do this. I think it could be great to end with " I still Love you" in These are the days of our lives.

Another_Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby DANAIR737 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:28 am

It looks like there won't be a sequel unless you can fund it...

DANAIR737
Spread Your Wings

Postby Guru » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:51 pm

A cross between Brokeback Mountain and Philadelphia.

Featuring only music from The Miracle and innuendo.

Working title - the Show Must Go On

Guru
The Show Must Go On

Erehwon

Postby Michael Allred » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:46 pm

There will not be a sequel. It will never happen.
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.

Michael Allred
The Show Must Go On

Postby Frank » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:47 am

Michael Allred wrote:There will not be a sequel. It will never happen.

I think it's more likely that one day, far down the line and way into the future, there will be another movie about Freddie Mercury that has nothing to do with Bohemian Rhapsody. Perhaps a more grounded and less fantasized version of his life. And honestly, I would prefer that to a sequel to Bohemian Rhapsody, which you're probably right, will never happen.
2014 - Queen + Adam Lambert (MSG in NYC)
2014 - Queen + Adam Lambert (Washington D.C.)
2017 - Queen + Adam Lambert (Brooklyn, NYC)
2017 - Queen + Adam Lambert (Philadelphia)
2018 - Queen + Adam Lambert (Las Vegas) 2X

Frank
The Show Must Go On

Fairy tales of yesterday will grow but never die...

Postby Michael Allred » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:49 am

Frank wrote:

I think it's more likely that one day, far down the line and way into the future, there will be another movie about Freddie Mercury that has nothing to do with Bohemian Rhapsody. Perhaps a more grounded and less fantasized version of his life. And honestly, I would prefer that to a sequel to Bohemian Rhapsody, which you're probably right, will never happen.

We should be happy we didn't get some unauthorized biopic that couldn't use any Queen music, made on a shoe string budget etc etc
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.

Michael Allred
The Show Must Go On

Postby Frank » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:54 am

Michael Allred wrote:
Frank wrote:

We should be happy we didn't get some unauthorized biopic that couldn't use any Queen music, made on a shoe string budget etc etc

Oh please, no. That'd be awful. At least Bohemian Rhapsody looked and sounded fantastic. I was seriously blown away by the spectacle of it all.

Frank
The Show Must Go On

Postby BruceyMc » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:20 am

My idea is slightly different, it is a film about a time traveller called Bob (name TBC) who builds a time machine and sets out on a mission to prevent all crimes against filmed Queen concerts, from his first mission of stealing the master tapes of the March 1974 Rainbow footage from the Sheffield brothers office, holding the director of The Old Grey Whistle Test hostage to prevent the cameramen from stopping filming after the rock n roll medley, checking the piano microphone at Earls Court to his final daredevil mission of sneaking backstage at Knebworth and pressing the record button. Deleted scenes to include a scene where he rummages around Saul Swimmers bins looking for footage of Flash and The Hero from Montreal 81 and also a James Bond style river chase down the Danube after stealing the multi camera footage of Budapest 86 from the Hungarian government building.

BruceyMc
Spread Your Wings

Postby BitterTears » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:07 pm

I like the idea of a sequel not following anything that actually happened in real life (so like the first movie, right guys?!) and putting our heroes in more surreal situations

Maybe after Live Aid, instead of getting back into their trailer, they get into a spaceship and go on an adventure to save the world or something. Would be more of a buddy comedy, I think, with as much emphasis on the banterous relationship between our boys as on the actual storyline.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby bluerhap » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:57 pm

BruceyMc wrote:My idea is slightly different, it is a film about a time traveller called Bob (name TBC) who builds a time machine and sets out on a mission to prevent all crimes against filmed Queen concerts, from his first mission of stealing the master tapes of the March 1974 Rainbow footage from the Sheffield brothers office, holding the director of The Old Grey Whistle Test hostage to prevent the cameramen from stopping filming after the rock n roll medley, checking the piano microphone at Earls Court to his final daredevil mission of sneaking backstage at Knebworth and pressing the record button. Deleted scenes to include a scene where he rummages around Saul Swimmers bins looking for footage of Flash and The Hero from Montreal 81 and also a James Bond style river chase down the Danube after stealing the multi camera footage of Budapest 86 from the Hungarian government building.

You forgot the Paul Prenter assassination!

bluerhap
Spread Your Wings

Postby Guru » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:53 pm

bluerhap wrote:You forgot the Paul Prenter assassination!

Donate a 35mm camera and 3 tonnes of film to Doug Puddifoot

Guru
The Show Must Go On

Erehwon

Postby BitterTears » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:59 pm

How about a film about how Queen made a hit Oscar winning movie. Now, who would play Rami Malek?

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby Pingu » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:19 pm

There is only one possible sequel to Bohemian Rhapsody. It is genius in that it tells exactly the same story but from a radically different POV. So we can reuse all the songs, flog even more Greatest Hits albums and reuse all the concert footage saving us a fortune in filming costs.

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST - THE JOHN DEACON STORY

Joe Mazello reprises his almost* Oscar nominated (*allegedly) role as John Deacon in the hugely anticipated follow up to Bohemian Rhapsody.

John Deacon is simply an enigma - bass player and composer of some of Queen's biggest ever hits, yet so shy that he has lived on his own desert island since 1997. But beneath the shy, retiring rock star is a shy, retiring man.

Another One Bites the Dust tells the story of how a shy, retiring boy from Leicester, from humble beginnings as shy, retiring bass player in The Opposition went on to become shy, retiring bass player in Deacon and finally land the job as shy, retiring (fourth) bass player for the legendary Queen.

Admired by peers and adored by millions of (especially Japanese) fans, John was nevertheless a shy, retiring electronics student when he joined the flamboyant Queen, and remained a tank-topped anomaly within the 1970s rock scene. But the early 1980s sees him take control, forcing Queen to employ a full time barber and record his funk song "Another One Bites The Dust", which becomes the biggest selling single ever. Dizzy on this success, Deacon reinvents Queen as a disco act and replaces every guitar part from their entire catalogue with extended slap bass solos. An infuriated Brian May quits to open a badger refuge with Eddie Van Halen, and it seems Queen are finished.

Throughout this story, we witness the emotional journey of Deacon as he splits with his childhood Eko Bass and meets the love of his life, the Fender Precision, in 1973. And we see the shy, retiring bass player struggle through addiction to synth bass and a stormy affair with a Music Man Stingray, only to reunite with his beloved Fender Precision just in time for the group's triumphant reunion at Live Aid.

In a career that would take him from riding scooters through Leicester to donning a frizzy blue wig with Morris Minor and the Majors, John Deacon was a talented, yet shy and retiring musician in an extraordinary band. Today he remains the only living member of Queen to get any respect whatsoever from the QOL message board.

This is his story.

Pingu
We Will Rock You

Postby Frank » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:04 am

Pingu, that was brilliant. I'd pay to see that. :lol:

Frank
The Show Must Go On

Next

Return to The Show Must Go On