Favorite Iron Maiden album

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Ray

Re: Favorite Iron Maiden album

Post by Ray »

My favourite would still be "Powerslave" I think. I love it from start to finish. Though "Number Of The Beast" and "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" are pretty much on the same level. I also enjoyed the last one "The Book Of Souls" a lot - maybe their best since the 80s.

Would have seen them again on the Legacy tour in July, but...well, you know. I wonder how they will go ahead now, since it's known in fan circles that they've already recorded a new album...guess they wanted to release it after the Legacy tour was over, but now they want to postpone the Legacy tour to next year, so the album might be on ice for a long time.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

I only had on chance to see them in my hometown and that was on the Powerslave tour. My mother wouldn’t let me go. :lol:

They’re definitely on my buck list.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

I'm a bit of late bloomer when it came to Maiden to be honest, but I saw them twice on the Book of Souls tour. They were pretty good in Dublin in 2017 but at Download 2016 they were bloody fantastic.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Leigh Burne wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:35 pm I'm a bit of late bloomer when it came to Maiden to be honest, but I saw them twice on the Book of Souls tour. They were pretty good in Dublin in 2017 but at Download 2016 they were bloody fantastic.
So jealous! It’s always a bad time for me when they come around here. I would have to drive two hours south or north to see them now. They’re usually here in the summer and I always have something to do then. I just need to commit to it the next time they come around.
Last edited by the milkman on Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ray

Post by Ray »

I saw them twice so far - once in 2011 on the Final Frontier Tour and 2018 on the Legacy Of The Beast Tour, both times in Munich (my hometown). The one 2018 was even the closest concert ever...I only had to WALK like 10-15 minutes lol. Maiden are always great live, maybe the best live band right now on the planet. Really impressive, especially for their age now. On the Legacy tour they had an almost original size Spitfire "flying"/hanging over the stage during the opening song "Aces High"...

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

OK, favorite album cover?

Ray

Post by Ray »

Again...

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Ray wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:52 pm Again...

I remember staring at that cover while listening to the LP the day I brought it home. I’m pretty sure it was a high glossed textured cover.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

They've had some truly great album covers and I love Powerslave, but this one kept me busy for ages, looking for all the easter eggs:

I also love what they did with a compilation a few years later:

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

WeeMann wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:40 pm They've had some truly great album covers and I love Powerslave, but this one kept me busy for ages, looking for all the easter eggs:

I also love what they did with a compilation a few years later:

I would love to find a cheap used copy of the Somewhere In Time vinyl just so I could look at the cover. I know I’m not finding it all with the CD booklet.