Adam Lambert

Other music, TV, films and general interest
User avatar
whitequeen20
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:45 pm
Location: UK

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by whitequeen20 »

Black Wings wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:06 am
carolb57 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:05 am
THEY, meaning Brian, Roger and Adam, changed “we” to “you” to honor the front line workers in an unprecedented global pandemic! Adam does not tinker with classic lyrics!
I thought it was AL's idea to change it to you after Brian could not decide how to change it. That's what has been stated in the thread about the song.
ETA ~ Bumped a post that says what Brian stated on Planet Rock about the change. Brian was reluctant at first, and then he gave permission to AL to tinker, play around with it, and if Brian and Roger didn't like it, it would not have been changed. They both obviously liked how AL changed it, so it was kept.

And yes, AL has tinkered with classic lyrics . Fat Bottomed Girls is one example in a live setting. Whether it be one word or a couple, he has changed words to certain songs, especially live.
From the various interviews between them about you are the champions it sounds like it was Brian's idea initially, they've all said that, then they sent the song to Adam and told him to play around with it and see what works, discussed briefly changing the opening line to They've paid their dues and Adam finally settled on You instead of We and they all agreed, or in other words a joint decision regardless of what they threw back and forth in between.

Adam has changed odd words or phrases in songs, some intentionally and some I suspect because he's not great at remembering lyrics (even his own), can't see it matters though, people at the shows likely don't even notice, it's more obvious when you're watching it on Y/T.

User avatar
whitequeen20
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:45 pm
Location: UK

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by whitequeen20 »

May 27th - 29th livestream for Mental Health

https://extratv.com/2020/05/19/adam-lam ... ng-adults/

User avatar
Nicki
Posts: 626
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:12 pm

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by Nicki »

Black Wings wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:01 am
Nicki wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:44 am
Black Wings wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:38 am


Nah, it's ok, I'm more of a Queen ninja than a Glambert ninja :mrgreen:
It was you challenging AL fans first. ;)

And as a „Queen ninja“ you should find the changes easier than me, right? You need to know the original Queen lyrics. I doubt that most Glamberts know these... so you should have a big advantage here, right? :D
Chanllenging? I asked if any of his fans would admit that he changed Queen lyrics at times during live shows, after it was stated said he doesn't tinker with classic lyrics. He has done just that there are a few examples from Q+AL shows, even from the most recent tour.
Now I‘m curious. I only remember one example from the most recent tour. Go ahead and tell us, because I don’t believe that he’s doing it that often.

User avatar
Nicki
Posts: 626
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:12 pm

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by Nicki »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:07 am
Black Wings wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:06 am

I thought it was AL's idea to change it to you after Brian could not decide how to change it. That's what has been stated in the thread about the song.
ETA ~ Bumped a post that says what Brian stated on Planet Rock about the change. Brian was reluctant at first, and then he gave permission to AL to tinker, play around with it, and if Brian and Roger didn't like it, it would not have been changed. They both obviously liked how AL changed it, so it was kept.

And yes, AL has tinkered with classic lyrics . Fat Bottomed Girls is one example in a live setting. Whether it be one word or a couple, he has changed words to certain songs, especially live.
From the various interviews between them about you are the champions it sounds like it was Brian's idea initially, they've all said that, then they sent the song to Adam and told him to play around with it and see what works, discussed briefly changing the opening line to They've paid their dues and Adam finally settled on You instead of We and they all agreed, or in other words a joint decision regardless of what they threw back and forth in between.

Adam has changed odd words or phrases in songs, some intentionally and some I suspect because he's not great at remembering lyrics (even his own), can't see it matters though, people at the shows likely don't even notice, it's more obvious when you're watching it on Y/T.
It had been Brian’s idea initially.
Changing lyrics at live shows is the the salt in the soup. :D It’s often a bridge to the audience and all bands do it. „Now I‘m here! Tokyo...“

User avatar
whitequeen20
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:45 pm
Location: UK

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by whitequeen20 »

Nicki wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:48 am
whitequeen20 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:07 am
Black Wings wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:06 am

I thought it was AL's idea to change it to you after Brian could not decide how to change it. That's what has been stated in the thread about the song.
ETA ~ Bumped a post that says what Brian stated on Planet Rock about the change. Brian was reluctant at first, and then he gave permission to AL to tinker, play around with it, and if Brian and Roger didn't like it, it would not have been changed. They both obviously liked how AL changed it, so it was kept.

And yes, AL has tinkered with classic lyrics . Fat Bottomed Girls is one example in a live setting. Whether it be one word or a couple, he has changed words to certain songs, especially live.
From the various interviews between them about you are the champions it sounds like it was Brian's idea initially, they've all said that, then they sent the song to Adam and told him to play around with it and see what works, discussed briefly changing the opening line to They've paid their dues and Adam finally settled on You instead of We and they all agreed, or in other words a joint decision regardless of what they threw back and forth in between.

Adam has changed odd words or phrases in songs, some intentionally and some I suspect because he's not great at remembering lyrics (even his own), can't see it matters though, people at the shows likely don't even notice, it's more obvious when you're watching it on Y/T.
It had been Brian’s idea initially.
Changing lyrics at live shows is the the salt in the soup. :D It’s often a bridge to the audience and all bands do it. „Now I‘m here! Tokyo...“
Yeah I agree and I love that Tokyo bit, the crowd loved it as well. I can't see any problem with changing stuff up live, it makes it more personal and fun to me.

User avatar
Nicki
Posts: 626
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:12 pm

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by Nicki »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:52 am

Yeah I agree and I love that Tokyo bit, the crowd loved it as well. I can't see any problem with changing stuff up live, it makes it more personal and fun to me.
Yes. And now I remember at least 3 tiny lyric changes from the last tour :D
My favorite was from the concert with the baddest downpour during a QAL concert of all time.
„...you brought me rain and everything that goes with it - I thank you all!“
Love it! And a acknowledgment for all the fans standing for hours in that torrential rain.


User avatar
Black Wings
Posts: 1708
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:16 pm
Location: ♡ It's getting dark in here ♡

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by Black Wings »

Nicki wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:44 am
Black Wings wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:01 am
Nicki wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:44 am

It was you challenging AL fans first. ;)

And as a „Queen ninja“ you should find the changes easier than me, right? You need to know the original Queen lyrics. I doubt that most Glamberts know these... so you should have a big advantage here, right? :D
Chanllenging? I asked if any of his fans would admit that he changed Queen lyrics at times during live shows, after it was stated said he doesn't tinker with classic lyrics. He has done just that there are a few examples from Q+AL shows, even from the most recent tour.
Now I‘m curious. I only remember one example from the most recent tour. Go ahead and tell us, because I don’t believe that he’s doing it that often.
Well, my point is is that he has done it, even during Q+AL and I said that because of the he doesn't tinker with classic lyrics statement which is factually wrong.
I'm not lying that he changed things live, even during Q+AL shows. That's the point I was making. I even gave an example that he did with FBG.
Jesus, can I even post on this board at all anymore. :roll:
So a person says he doesn't tinker with classic lyrics, and there has been proof even in the very recent past that he has tinkered , played around, changed a Queen lyric. Ok then.

User avatar
whitequeen20
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:45 pm
Location: UK

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by whitequeen20 »

Nicki wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:05 am
whitequeen20 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:52 am

Yeah I agree and I love that Tokyo bit, the crowd loved it as well. I can't see any problem with changing stuff up live, it makes it more personal and fun to me.
Yes. And now I remember at least 3 tiny lyric changes from the last tour :D
My favorite was from the concert with the baddest downpour during a QAL concert of all time.
„...you brought me rain and everything that goes with it - I thank you all!“
Love it! And a acknowledgment for all the fans standing for hours in that torrential rain.

Haha love it, hadn't seen that before, I haven't really watched much of the last tour's vids. That show just got voted No1, seems the rain didn't stop anyone enjoying it even though they were soaked through.

User avatar
Black Wings
Posts: 1708
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:16 pm
Location: ♡ It's getting dark in here ♡

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by Black Wings »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:15 am
Nicki wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:05 am
whitequeen20 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:52 am

Yeah I agree and I love that Tokyo bit, the crowd loved it as well. I can't see any problem with changing stuff up live, it makes it more personal and fun to me.
Yes. And now I remember at least 3 tiny lyric changes from the last tour :D
My favorite was from the concert with the baddest downpour during a QAL concert of all time.
„...you brought me rain and everything that goes with it - I thank you all!“
Love it! And a acknowledgment for all the fans standing for hours in that torrential rain.

Haha love it, hadn't seen that before, I haven't really watched much of the last tour's vids. That show just got voted No1, seems the rain didn't stop anyone enjoying it even though they were soaked through.
You raced me to posting the video, I was trying to post the exact same one, and I couldn't do it.
I didn't lie or make anything up that he changed lyrics even in the most recent Q+AL tour. Well, one example is in the video here.

User avatar
Nicki
Posts: 626
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:12 pm

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by Nicki »

Black Wings wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:21 am

You raced me to posting the video, I was trying to post the exact same one, and I couldn't do it.
I didn't lie or make anything up that he changed lyrics even in the most recent Q+AL tour. Well, one example is in the video here.
Of course. ;)

Post Reply