Adam Lambert

Other music, TV, films and general interest
montavilla

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by montavilla »

Maybe this isn't relevant to a Queen fan board. In which case, my apologies. But I happened upon this video just after reading these posts by people who don't live in the US, and seem confused by why "Black Lives Matter" is important -- and why the corresponding phrase "All Lives Matter" is so counter to that statement.

I think Amber Ruffin explains it in a way that makes clear why journalists emphasized George Floyd being a man of color. The skin color of the police men who killed him is less important -- what was important was the uniform they wore while doing it.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

montavilla wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:00 am
Maybe this isn't relevant to a Queen fan board. In which case, my apologies. But I happened upon this video just after reading these posts by people who don't live in the US, and seem confused by why "Black Lives Matter" is important -- and why the corresponding phrase "All Lives Matter" is so counter to that statement.

I think Amber Ruffin explains it in a way that makes clear why journalists emphasized George Floyd being a man of color. The skin color of the police men who killed him is less important -- what was important was the uniform they wore while doing it.
Good post! The moral of the story is if you get stopped by a cop, whether you are black or white, just cry! Just kidding sort of! The last time I got stopped I was in an unfamiliar area trying to find a Knights of Columbus Hall for a graduation party. I was going 40 in a 25 mph zone and got stopped. I didn’t cry but I looked pretty shaky since I didn’t know the area. When I told him that I was lost and showed him my party invite and didn’t know how to get to that address, he felt sorry for me, gave me directions and let me go without a traffic ticket! :D

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

This is another reason why I love Adam:

“@adamlambert I watched the Trump press conference today... I have NO idea what he was Rambling about! He can’t even string together a sentence. It’s literally incoherent, fragmented nonsense. I wish I could even decipher what bullshit he’s trying to sell!“

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

This is the appearance with James Corden that was cancelled at the start of the Covid-19 pandemic:

“FAN CLUB MEDIA EXCLUSIVE INFO!
NEW PERFORMANCE AND INTERVIEW!
@adamlambert will be performing and chatting on @latelateshow with @JKCorden this Wednesday, June 10th on @CBS !"
SO EXCITING!! #VELVET 💚👏🙌
adamlambert.net/news/299205”

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

The guys are talking about recording with Adam:

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

I wonder what treats await us tonight on the James Corden Late Late Show with Adam appearing as well as Gayle King!

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:53 am
I wonder what treats await us tonight on the James Corden Late Late Show with Adam appearing as well as Gayle King!
A hunch I have, he won't perform and he will mainly speak about what is happening in the world right now.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

He did both and was fabulous, as usual.

Performed “On The Moon” from his “Velvet” album!

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

carolb57 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:41 am
He did both and was fabulous, as usual.

Performed “On The Moon” from his “Velvet” album!
http://www.pscp.tv/w/cbCEYTF4blFyWFdKWX ... 8?t=47m56s