The Miracle Box set

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Ray

Re: The Miracle Box set

Post by Ray »

75 pages for a product we basically know pretty much nothing about yet, congratulations all! :lol:

I wait for the official announcement, look what we actually get and then decide if it's something to get excited about. ;)

WJ1977

Post by WJ1977 »

I guess it s worth waiting

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

WJ1977 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:59 pm I guess it s worth waiting
Agreed

Sir Didymus

Post by Sir Didymus »

Ray wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:18 am 75 pages for a product we basically know pretty much nothing about yet, congratulations all! :lol:

I wait for the official announcement, look what we actually get and then decide if it's something to get excited about. ;)
You should've seen the Anthology discussions on here circa 2000-2005... til we all gave up hoping! :lol:

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

Aw man, if I could tell my twenty year younger self that the Anthologies aren't actually going to get released, you'd see the look of something who is very disappointed.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Sir Didymus wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:46 pm
Ray wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:18 am 75 pages for a product we basically know pretty much nothing about yet, congratulations all! :lol:

You should've seen the Anthology discussions on here circa 2000-2005... til we all gave up hoping! :lol:
Oh no... :lol:

Kes

Post by Kes »

We kind of found out about them via Greg Brooks. In an interview, I think it was for Record Collector magazine circa 2000, he said he was working on compiling a Queen retrospective set, when he was asked to go through Freddie's solo work, and compile a boxset from that.

I can't think much else was ever said about it officially, but it DID give the impression that "another bus would be along soon".

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

I remember seeing an interview with Brian dated in 2000 referring to the Anthologies (I think someone posted it on the old forum before it was deleted) and of course the Freddie boxset book itself did refer to the 'upcoming' Queen anthology. There was a demo, I think of what become All God's People (Africa by Night?) that was considered for Barcelona but didn't include it on the Freddie boxset as it would be on the Queen boxset. Something like that. I haven't actually looked at that book in a long time, I'm now doubting if any of what I'm saying is true.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Kes wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:17 pmI can't think much else was ever said about it officially, but it DID give the impression that "another bus would be along soon".
There's also the fact the liner note for The Solo Collection said one of Freddie's demos ("Man made Paradise"?) was left out because it was so similar to Queen's demo, which was due to be included on the imminent anthologies.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I know the release history doesn't show it, but a lot was going on around then, particularly in the newspapers.